New Mesa Mark amp coming?

If you need someone to talk you off the ledge my number is 555-123-4567. :hugitout
callme.gif
:(

If I hadn't been such a spendy little shit the last few months maybe one of these would be in the budget :rofl

I am zen. I am happy with all my new toys and even have something in the mail now. I do not need this I do not need this

Also me: :verynice

We all gotta do what we all gotta do. I am not gonna 12-step no one here. :LOL:

How do we know what something is going to deliver in our hands, and through our guitars, and cabs... and in our rooms?

Only one way to find out. :beer

I will also say this. Some fine folks were chatting elsewhere (the good GGF elsewhere) about a Syn IIC+ solution. And that is MUCH better on the budget than the VII.

Maybe I should just try and find a IIB. Lord knows I am waaaay more than covered when it comes to high gain sounds. And I still know that an EVH is going to be in my future at some point.

Even though everyone is saying that an actual IIB is much higher gain than the mode seems to be :whistle

Maybe I should just try and find a IIB. Lord knows I am waaaay more than covered when it comes to high gain sounds. And I still know that an EVH is going to be in my future at some point.

Even though everyone is saying that an actual IIB is much higher gain than the mode seems to be :whistle
I am burnt out on EVH amps. Never had the 100 watters. The 50 watter is great as far as features go but I feel like it got to a "generic metal amp" stage infinitely quicker than the OG 5150 did?
Someone needs to pull the trigger dammit, so we have some actual first-person data here, instead of all this thrid-person hearsay! 🧑‍⚖️

:ROFLMAO:
Agreed. I can't promise that I will be the one, though :nails

I am burnt out on EVH amps. Never had the 100 watters. The 50 watter is great as far as features go but I feel like it got to a "generic metal amp" stage infinitely quicker than the OG 5150 did?

I was never able to bond with the OG 5150 I had. Something in the midrange or something just never sounded right to me. Even though I love everyone elses tone with them. That said I've still used them on recent JAWA recordings so :idk

I've wanted my own 5153 for years, honestly ever since trying out Esizer's like 7 or 8 years ago. I've come close to pulling the trigger so many times. Given how affordable the 50 watters are used, and how I'm still mentally justifying (whether correct or not lol) that they have a different enough sound than my other amps, I'm sure it will happen at some point this year :rofl

I was never able to bond with the OG 5150 I had. Something in the midrange or something just never sounded right to me. Even though I love everyone elses tone with them. That said I've still used them on recent JAWA recordings so :idk

I've wanted my own 5153 for years, honestly ever since trying out Esizer's like 7 or 8 years ago. I've come close to pulling the trigger so many times. Given how affordable the 50 watters are used, and how I'm still mentally justifying (whether correct or not lol) that they have a different enough sound than my other amps, I'm sure it will happen at some point this year :rofl
I think everyone should certainly give the 50 watter a try or 5. The size, midi and built in load features are great. And there are some great tones to be had :satan

It's confusing to me that people label 5150's as "generic" metal amps, like it's a pejorative against them.

What does "generic" mean in this context, exactly? If an amp is so suited to a genre or certain kind of tonal goal that there's nothing about it to "correct" on the way to getting that sound, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the amp is "ideal" for that sound instead of "generic?"

It's confusing to me that people label 5150's as "generic" metal amps, like that's a kind of pejorative against them.

What does "generic" mean in this context, exactly? If an amp is so suited to a genre or certain kind of tonal goal that there's nothing about it to "correct" about it the way to getting that sound, to the point that you can just plug in and get the exact tone you need for what you're trying to do, wouldn't it be more appropriate to say the amp is "ideal" for that sound instead of "generic?"
Don't get me wrong. OG 5150 is pretty much MY original GRAIL tone. Rectifier (speaking of the ability to call something generic) is just where I seem to have landed on many fronts? The 50 watters for me are just more initially impressive than quickly falling into "eh" territory when I am listening to it vs. judging it on desirable feature count.

I will also say this. Some fine folks were chatting elsewhere (the good GGF elsewhere) about a Syn IIC+ solution. And that is MUCH better on the budget than the VII.
I love mine, even though it has a weird issue with the lead drive bleeding into the clean channel after it heats up to a certain point. I've mitigated it quite a bit by making space in the rack above and below the SYN2; whereas it used to kick in to the point of making the clean channel unusable by an hour or so, it now is still crystal clean at 2 hours and only starting to creep in at 3 hours, but still sounds good.

Probably some victim of the parts shortage or something. Went through 2 others from sweetwater, all 3 have the same exact behavior. Working with Blad from BAD now, but not expecting much at this point.

Maybe one of those rack fan units would do the trick the rest of the way?

Back to the Mark VII - if the IICP didn't do the job, I'd be getting a second job to get one. :headbang

Back