paisleywookiee

Rock Star

1690468021389.png

Jim Carrey Vomit GIF

What has happened to Jackson? Yikes.

Also, $1400 for a Chinese-made guitar?

Sure Jan GIF

Are these chinese or cort indonesia?

Either way... yeah.... I know jackson has been pushing $2k+ indo models for a while. I've rarely heard a peep of people complaining about those prices. Meanwhile every USA brand gets dragged :cop

I don't know, I think the gold one most highlights what a terrible top carve design it is imo. It looks like a flat top with a large beer belly.

Are these chinese or cort indonesia?

Either way... yeah.... I know jackson has been pushing $2k+ indo models for a while. I've rarely heard a peep of people complaining about those prices. Meanwhile every USA brand gets dragged :cop
At least one of them is, since it was prominently displayed on the back of the headstock.

So do Schecters and 1000 series LTD's, and they manage to do it without being hideous AF.

Haha! Yes, I've been keeping my eye on all the more affordable stainless steel fret guitars for a little while, and I think I like the Schecters best overall. Some LTDs that have looked great to me online I have not liked at all in person. I'm just glad a Fender brand has come on board to the new stainless steel future! I'm perhaps overly wary of angled headstocks with the potential for breakage, so I rule out most Jacksons anyway, but I feel like, the more companies normalize stainless steel frets, the better chance of a high quality affordable guitar with the specs you're looking for, including stainless steel frets, will come available.

About the aesthetics, I do love the look of these three, personally:

1690567851855.png
1690567867480.png
1690567879434.png

Tomato, Tomahto, all that. 🙂

Haha! Yes, I've been keeping my eye on all the more affordable stainless steel fret guitars for a little while, and I think I like the Schecters best overall. Some LTDs that have looked great to me online I have not liked at all in person. I'm just glad a Fender brand has come on board to the new stainless steel future! I'm perhaps overly wary of angled headstocks with the potential for breakage, so I rule out most Jacksons anyway, but I feel like, the more companies normalize stainless steel frets, the better chance of a high quality affordable guitar with the specs you're looking for, including stainless steel frets, will come available.

About the aesthetics, I do love the look of these three, personally:

View attachment 9302View attachment 9303View attachment 9304

Tomato, Tomahto, all that. 🙂
Strong Kramer Stagemaster vibes on these. I hope they have a better carve on the top though because I found the top on the Kramer I had kinda pointy at the edge, making it uncomfortable for the forearm.

Nah. Sharkfin inlays ftw! I miss old era of the Jacksons, these new ones look ugly and expensive. Only stainless steel make an upgrade otherwise meh.

IMG_20230731_154217.jpg

Left: pre Fender pro (1991)
Right: post Fender pro (2008)

I'm happy with these. But maybe I'd want to buy one of those new Japanese sl2 soloists in white color. Wish they had ss frets. Otherwise very cool guitars.

Back