Anybody wanna spend $3700 on a Pacifica?!?

But man are the AZ finishes boring!
The black is Nice lol

1706305514698.png

The Standard @ $1,349.00 With SS frets top notch hardware, crafted by Yamaha luthiers i dont think this is Expensive
I think it represents good value for a superbly built guitar

That is a great price actually.

BTW prices are Not bad at all a store up here in QC got both standard and pro

$1,499.00 CDN
and $2,199.00 CDN

$2,199.00 No way too much
but the standard @ $1,499.00 CDN is interesting

FFS, why does no other company but Suhr ever come up with a meaningful hum reduction system for single coils?
Yeah, Fender ships some models with their noiseless series pickups, but while I really like them, they're not sounding as single coil-ish as the Suhrs by a long shot.
I would've bought an Ibanez AZ (or now one of these) already if they came with anything like the backplate silencing system or that new snake-ish kinda thing from down under (name is escaping me right now), but in case the first thing I would do was ripping out the stock SCs in favour of some Fender Noiseless, I'm defenitely not going to pay a premium for a guitar.
Has been one of the reasons why I bought that indonesian Nick Johnston. I'm willing to get my DIY hands dirty on a cheaper axe - but not on something in the 1.200+ range (let alone I'd have to do that anyway because there's not a single 3 pickup guitar without a superswitch in Mr. Franck's household).

FFS, why does no other company but Suhr ever come up with a meaningful hum reduction system for single coils?
Yeah, Fender ships some models with their noiseless series pickups, but while I really like them, they're not sounding as single coil-ish as the Suhrs by a long shot.
I would've bought an Ibanez AZ (or now one of these) already if they came with anything like the backplate silencing system or that new snake-ish kinda thing from down under (name is escaping me right now), but in case the first thing I would do was ripping out the stock SCs in favour of some Fender Noiseless, I'm defenitely not going to pay a premium for a guitar.
Has been one of the reasons why I bought that indonesian Nick Johnston. I'm willing to get my DIY hands dirty on a cheaper axe - but not on something in the 1.200+ range (let alone I'd have to do that anyway because there's not a single 3 pickup guitar without a superswitch in Mr. Franck's household).
Do you really need it ?? It is not Suhr's design or patent either. I have many pro customers using real single coils on tour with no meaningful issues. Just roll down the vol whenever you'r not playing. The AZ prestige is half the price of the Suhr (in the UK) and not really expensive for what your getting.

Do you really need it ??

Live, yes. I hate single coil noise as much as it gets. Or rather: I hate it in funny environments. Which apparently are the ones quite some of my gigs take place at.
And yes, I'm perfectly aware of legions of guitar players getting away with it just fine - but I simply just got used to dead silent pseudo-singlecoil pickups back in the days when OBLs actually were a new-ish thing (go figure...), so I'm not gonna relearn how to get along with true single coils.

@Eagle Hello Andy, Overall what is a better quality guitar based on your experience and based on hardware which will have the least tuning Issues
(OFC I understand will depend on which guitar i get as nuts might not be cut perfectly on either)

Ibanez AZ42P1 with Gotoh® T1502 bridge And Gotoh MG-T locking tuners with Tusq XL Nut
Or
Sterling JP150 with Modern Tremolo and Sterling branded Locking Nut is Unknown

Last edited:
FFS, just buy a noise cancelling backplate - it’s not like they aren’t commercially available

FFS, just buy a noise cancelling backplate - it’s not like they aren’t commercially available

It's exactly what I plan to do. But they're harder to get over here (as pretty much anything coming from the US is harder to get), so I will first have to decide which guitar they will be going into and which pickups will I be using, too (because the Ilitch system exists in different versions for different impedances).

@Eagle Hello Andy, Overall what is a better quality guitar based on your experience and based on hardware which will have the least tuning Issues
(OFC I understand will depend on which guitar i get as nuts might not be cut perfectly on either)

Ibanez AZ42P1 with Gotoh® T1502 bridge And Gotoh MG-T locking tuners with Tusq XL Nut
Or
Sterling JP150 with Modern Tremolo and Sterling branded Locking Nut is Unknown
Easily the Ibanez.

Back