Good move I'd say. Wonder how much of a difference this would be from the headless Agile turd I had?

Glad to see them do this; this is a fair price, particularly with including the gigbag. Interesting that the article doesn't mention what appears to be a straight scale, not fanned frets. It still has the EndureNeck, which unfortunately probably still puts it out of the running for me.
Nice! Really hope they do a 7-string

Given my personal experience with Agiles, I’d say the Strandberg will be better. Agile stuff tended to be pretty much inconsistent crap, despite allegedly being made in Korea.
The body was fine. Pickups were Fishmans (ugh) but good considering its a brand name piece. Bridge, but and fret sprout were all terrible though.

The bridge design is still a pile of crap and I don't particularly love how far up the neck the bolt on joint goes. Endurneck remains a gimmick.

This is also a price point where you might start to get name brand pickups, but it seems to be a bit hit and miss.

Looks like they’re advertising new hardware. I wonder if it’s an improvement over previous hardware.

made out of Meranti, which is a crap wood
As If Eye Roll GIF by MOODMAN

I’ve been itching for a new guitar, and a Strandberg crossed my mind briefly. Always tough rolling the dice with a guitar you know you’ll absolutely love or hate within 30 seconds. Might stick to the basics lol

I know without a headstock they have to put logo somewhere, but I think having writing on the body is kinda tacky looking imo.

I’ve been itching for a new guitar, and a Strandberg crossed my mind briefly. Always tough rolling the dice with a guitar you know you’ll absolutely love or hate within 30 seconds. Might stick to the basics lol

I know without a headstock they have to put logo somewhere, but I think having writing on the body is kinda tacky looking imo.
Its so light, though, that return shipping costs won't be that much :rollsafe

This is the natural oiled RG that's meranti, and it looks a lot like mahogany.

View attachment 17913
Of course, doesn't matter on the Strandys, since they're painted.
Philippine :farleymahogany :farley: "At about 36 pounds per cubic foot air-dry, meranti is heavier than Honduras mahogany. However, it is not nearly as hard nor as strong, and lacks the durability and stability of a true mahogany. And you may find brittleness in some boards."

Philippine :farleymahogany :farley: "At about 36 pounds per cubic foot air-dry, meranti is heavier than Honduras mahogany. However, it is not nearly as hard nor as strong, and lacks the durability and stability of a true mahogany. And you may find brittleness in some boards."

Looks like somebody's trying to start a "tone wood" debate .:rofl

Back