> stripped down version of an Indonesian guitar (?!) for $1000
> fair price

Choose one :grin :grin :grin

Indonesian guitar

What does the COO have to do with anything? Would it make any difference if the premium line were made in Germany?
Without knowing the overall skill and quality of the actual factory it doesn't matter whose acreage it sits on, right?

What does the COO have to do with anything? Would it make any difference if the premium line were made in Germany?
Without knowing the overall skill and quality of the actual factory it doesn't matter whose acreage it sits on.

I struggle to reconcile strandberg prices when looked at as relative to the price of all the other higher end imports being produced in the same Cortek factories :sofa

Without knowing the overall skill and quality of the actual factory it doesn't matter whose acreage it sits on, right?
Yes, it would make a difference. At least to me.

I struggle to reconcile strandberg prices when looked at as relative to the price of all the other higher end imports being produced in the same Cortek factories :sofa
IMG_3039.jpeg

Go and look at that POS Sire that costs £700 that I took apart a few weeks ago.

I would be curious to play one. I finally came across a used Strandberg a couple months back, one of the Tele styles, and it was one of the most impressive guitars I've played. It rang out like a bell, super clear and clean sounding, great intonation up and down the neck, played phenomenally.

I played the Plini Sig for an hour or so. It was oddly comfortable and freakishly light.

I normally don't like really flat fretboards either and it was perfectly fine. And I though my hand would hate the endurneck, it was comfortable as well.

Having no head on the neck seemed a little odd though.

Because wages in certain countries are waaaaay different than others... and quality workmanship for fair wages is usually pretty easy to spot

Hard to confirm but yes.

In any case, what I'm talking about is the high quality instruments coming out of the cortek factory at half the price of most strandbergs.. not nebulous junk guitars

It seems relatively consistent with the Ibanez Premium line and PRS SE…

These new stripped down models are comparable-ish in price to those, everything else is 1600-$3k +

I'd love to have one of these, but at close to $3k I can't believe the pricing coming out of cortek in Indonesia is anything other than a cash grab.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...eck-thru-electric-guitar-with-tremolo-natural

And they're still cutting costs with things like veneers. At a guitar at this price point I want the whole piece of figured maple please :idk :LOL:

In any case, what I'm talking about is the high quality instruments coming out of the cortek factory at half the price of most strandbergs.. not nebulous junk guitars

These new stripped down models are comparable-ish in price to those, everything else is 1600-$3k +

I'd love to have one of these, but at close to $3k I can't believe the pricing coming out of cortek in Indonesia is anything other than a cash grab.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...eck-thru-electric-guitar-with-tremolo-natural

And they're still cutting costs with things like veneers. At a guitar at this price point I want the whole piece of figured maple please :idk :LOL:
The hardware / electronics bill is higher than most with these but I see your point.

It came early - here’s some sloppy noodling/sounds:

I’ll need some more time with it but some initial thoughts:

• Build is good - it’s a no frills Strandberg but frets are smooth and no obvious issues with the fit and finish
  • Tuners are stiff
  • String spacing/neck width feels a little cramped - I need to check the specs against my other guitars to see if that’s just in my head. Not a deal breaker, will just take some getting used to
  • Good dynamic range in the pickups - they clean up pretty well with the volume knob
  • I love how ergonomic this thing is to play - it’s like giving a guitar a hug.

Back