Is Evertune the new Floyd?

Yes I agree. Floyd's are a ballache too.

I'm not able to do that tuning at the bridge. I can tune down to zone 1 and have the string where ever I like of course. But like you say, the Evertune isn't doing anything at that point.

I don't know. I'm not an expert but I imagine there are manufacturing and humidity/packaging tolerances that mean your 54 gauge isn't always the exact same spec.

Do me a favour next time you are going to restring your guitar. Just check one string before taking them off, and note down the exact pitch using the Axe FX III tuner. Then put your new string on, tune it up to pitch, and see if it the same or not. I've never managed to have it exactly the same ever since I bought the guitar in 2018.

My home studio is always between 19-23 degrees celsius. But I'm in the UK and the weather is quite variable - certainly ranging from not quite so shit, to very shit.

All I can tell you ultimately is that my experience of the Evertune has been so-so, and it hasn't changed my guitar playing life, and I still way more often play my Orville by Gibson, with the regular TOM bridge.

I still play my other guitars more, too. :roflNot because of the Evertune, I just had my lovefest with the Solar 2 years ago and Iā€™m still going through it with the Les Pauls now. Or the Strats.

Iā€™ll definitely check next time, that guitar is due for a string change anyway. When I made that clip of the maj/min chords I almost changed them then because they were so lifeless.

I still play my other guitars more, too. :roflNot because of the Evertune, I just had my lovefest with the Solar 2 years ago and Iā€™m still going through it with the Les Pauls now. Or the Strats.

Iā€™ll definitely check next time, that guitar is due for a string change anyway. When I made that clip of the maj/min chords I almost changed them then because they were so lifeless.
I'm just curious. Not a gotcha or anything. It might be I'm fucking something up at some point in the chain, but I can't think what.

I personally think they're a little bit of a Rube Goldberg Machine, but that being said, I'm super interested in getting one of these, and putting Fishman Classics in it. For recording, it'd be amazing.

1701788682606.png

I consider the Evertune to the fixed bridge as the Floyd is to the trem. Neither are necessary and yep, a well set-up guitar will work fine as we've all witnessed for decades. At this point the only reason I want another Floyd guitar is just because I like Floyds, I can go crazy on my Strat trem all day with the same tuning consistency as a Floyd, it's just a different feel.

But the Evertune is a bit different, because while I might still need to tune up occasionally with a Floyd, you don't at all with the Evertune.

This mostly comes into play for me when layering guitars. Someone argued with me the other day that you can't hear .1/.2/.3 cents of difference when layering guitars and I vehemently disagree. It's not going to sound like an out of tune guitar, but you're going to start hearing some of that chorus-like sheen coming in and it drives me fucking nuts. Eliminating that is worth the price of admission alone. Even a perfectly setup guitar is going to slip a couple cents, especially with a heavy handed player. The Evertune doesn't slip at all.

They don't mention it much and I feel they should, but it also helps with intonation all over the neck. I recorded this this week as an example; I haven't touched that guitar in 6 months, didn't check the tuning, just dialed in the most unpleasing "You're gonna hear the beating" tone I could. The first part is just maj/minor chords then the end is multiple octaves all being played at the same time, shifting around the neck....all wonderfully in tune.

And because my Les Paul slipped when tracking rhythms a couple weeks ago, I'm debating re-recording all the guitars in this. You really only hear it when I play chords, but it's enough of that chorus effect to drive me nuts.

If I tracked that with the Evertune guitar, it wouldn't be an issue.....and I wouldn't have checked my tuning 50000x between takes only to still have it come out botched!

Mate that second song is killer!!! Is rectifier guy using rectifier to rectify metal sounds ????

Love that screeching sounds, how did you make that?

IMG_5321.gif

Mate that second song is killer!!! Is rectifier guy using rectifier to rectify metal sounds ????

Love that screeching sounds, how did you make that?

View attachment 15194

:rofl

I used my IIC++/Recto preset for that, itā€™s a dual amp preset, each amp goes into its own cab and the cabs are hard panned L/R, I record it as a stereo track. Then when I do the double track, I flip the panning around so each amp ends up on each side, but with different takes.

The screeching sound is basically a Whammy pedal, 2 octaves up. Iā€™m just doing it with the Fractal. Thereā€™s also a delay Input Mix attached to the same expression pedal so when I step on it, it adds delay on just the screeching part then stops sending signal to it when I start the riff back up, so the delay trails over but the riff is 100% dry.

Hahaha, I use the whammy pedal as a crutch, cuz whenever I canā€™t figure out how I want to loop a riff around or how to tie a part together, I just step on the whammy pedal and make some noise. :ROFLMAO:

Iā€™ll be posting the whole tune up w/vocals soon, I just need to make a decision on a part and be done with it!

:rofl

I used my IIC++/Recto preset for that, itā€™s a dual amp preset, each amp goes into its own cab and the cabs are hard panned L/R, I record it as a stereo track. Then when I do the double track, I flip the panning around so each amp ends up on each side, but with different takes.

The screeching sound is basically a Whammy pedal, 2 octaves up. Iā€™m just doing it with the Fractal. Thereā€™s also a delay Input Mix attached to the same expression pedal so when I step on it, it adds delay on just the screeching part then stops sending signal to it when I start the riff back up, so the delay trails over but the riff is 100% dry.

Hahaha, I use the whammy pedal as a crutch, cuz whenever I canā€™t figure out how I want to loop a riff around or how to tie a part together, I just step on the whammy pedal and make some noise. :ROFLMAO:

Iā€™ll be posting the whole tune up w/vocals soon, I just need to make a decision on a part and be done with it!
Tag me in when you are doneā€¦.

I want to see that dark sorcery you do with that pedalā€¦.

You put Harry porter in shame with your sorcery!!!!

Keep up the sorcery!!!!

Evertune is making waves. It seems like the demand for easier tuning stability and consistent intonation is steering players toward alternatives like Evertune.

Totally following that... not.

Hahahahah

Track 1- IIC++/Recto Cab L + Recto/5150 Cab R
Track 2- Recto/5150 Cab L + IIC++/Recto Cab R

The delay ā€œtrickā€ is basically how a delay throw works on a mixing board, the mix level is already set, but when the expression pedal is down/off the delay is not getting any signal sent to the Input, when I step on the pedal it sends the signal to the delay Input, so it gets the signal for a second to make the delay repeats happen, but then it stops when I drop the pedal down as the delay is no longer getting the guitarā€™s signal sent to it. Basically how mix engineers used to add delay to one word or phrase on an analog mixing board before we could just draw it into a DAWā€™s automation.

Basically how mix engineers used to add delay to one word or phrase on an analog mixing board before we could just draw it into a DAWā€™s automation.
Or, how I hack my way to it by dropping faders. šŸ¤£

Back