Anybody wanna spend $3700 on a Pacifica?!?

Show from the side
Deez Nuts GIF by GIPHY Studios 2021

The Pacifica range has just been their Strat and Tele style guitars for decades, with several high end models in it too. It has never been a strictly entry level range, even though most people know the low end Pacificas because those are the most commonly found on stores.

Yamaha is a bit weird that even in Japan it's surprisingly hard to find their electric guitars.

Here's some higher end models they used to make in the range.

View attachment 17830
View attachment 17831

The Pacifica range has just been their Strat and Tele style guitars for decades, with several high end models in it too. It has never been a strictly entry level range, even though most people know the low end Pacificas because those are the most commonly found on stores.

Yamaha is a bit weird that even in Japan it's surprisingly hard to find their electric guitars.

Here's some higher end models they used to make in the range.

View attachment 17830
View attachment 17831

Just pokin' around...

Nice to see lots of Yamalove here on TGF. I have over a dozen guitars by many brands but the one probably punching best and hardest above it's weight (purchased used for $35) is my modded-out entry-level Grim Reaper yamastrat.

9VGa23sG_o.jpg

Killer neck, super light, respectable sustain. After dremeling and finishing the carve, I added a homemade brushed stainless pickguard and the very rare P-90/S/S pickup config.

I like these better (y)
Agreed.

Has a little bit of 80's metal vibe, without the pointy headstock.

Although pricing is really close to the USA Jackson Pro line these days - Crazy!

ETA: I realize there is inflation and everything has gone up, but man it's getting tougher to stay on the top end line of guitars from any manufacturer.

To think I bought lightly used/mint '98 PRS CU22 10 TOP and a CU24 10 Top in the mid 2000's for about $1800 each. And a used EBMM JP6 (with piezo and also minty) for $1400.

Last edited:
Back