Anybody wanna spend $3700 on a Pacifica?!?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Microphone and pickups are not that different

both taking vibrational energy and converting it to electrical signal and amplifying them
Rupert Neve, that well know microphone guru?

I love Yamaha guitars. I like the chambered body idea a d curious to see weights of actual instruments. Might be interested in one of the non-Mauve colored Indo models. But the price tag, some of the marketing and the “aren’t these like 4 years too late?” Timing are all weird.

I do t think Yamaha expects to sell too many of the $3,700 models. The $1,349.00 model will be their sweet spot. Having owned an Indonesian Yamaha bass, they should be fine at that price point.

IMG_0036.jpeg

I love Yamaha, but that's asking way too much. The finish choices are also really pedestrian, except that weird pink and blue burst abomination.

The 600 line is already really well built so I feel like for MIJ you aren't getting that much extra value here. I think they would have been way better off looking at their past models like the Floyd equipped 1421/1412/1121/1221 series to make these clearly different spec.

Last edited:
They should given this another name. Weird branding "strat"egy. Most brands are top down. Taking a long known entry level brand name such as Pacifica and trying to upsell it isn't the way it's normally done. It's confusing to buyers. I predict you can look for price blowouts to come in a year or two.

They should given this another name. Weird branding "strat"egy. Most brands are top down. Taking a long known entry level brand name such as Pacifica and trying to upsell it isn't the way it's normally done. It's confusing to buyers. I predict you can look for price blowouts to come in a year or two.
The Pacifica range has just been their Strat and Tele style guitars for decades, with several high end models in it too. It has never been a strictly entry level range, even though most people know the low end Pacificas because those are the most commonly found on stores.

Yamaha is a bit weird that even in Japan it's surprisingly hard to find their electric guitars.

Here's some higher end models they used to make in the range.

1706182032677.png

1706182044307.png

Well if one buys a Guitar based on name alone .....I dunno
I had a Yamaha PAC510V which was like way way better than my Fender Start in every way
The quality control, the hardware, how it arrived from the factory was top notch, and was also like $300.000 less than that shitty Fender
So folks who want to buy on name alone, sure go ahead

The Pacifica range has just been their Strat and Tele style guitars for decades, with several high end models in it too. It has never been a strictly entry level range, even though most people know the low end Pacificas because those are the most commonly found on stores.

Yamaha is a bit weird that even in Japan it's surprisingly hard to find their electric guitars.

Here's some higher end models they used to make in the range.

View attachment 17830
View attachment 17831
I like these better (y)

Back