NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

Idk, people were upset that they put in a paid feature when they have ToneNet for free. They also advertised it as a huge update (which it was substantial) but many were hoping for quality of life updates but instead got a marketplace.

Ah. The math never really worked for NDSP in the first place.

Demanding to curate/manage all NDSP content by eliminating sideloaded/local content and relying strictly upon "the cloud" + not having personnel/bandwidth/resources to actually do that at scale + being way behind/delayed on even promised launch content = a capability that won't be available for a good part of the lifecycle of this product.

i wish the fender pro did profiling :bag :chef
Just put a Quad Cortex in the effects loop. Easy peasy!

06.jpg

It’s a good point that plug-in compatibility essentially creates paid content for QC and NDSP would obviously stand to benefit financially from spending their dev resources to make new plugins people have to pay to get on QC and people will also pay to use as plugins rather than making new free content just for QC.

That might not be their plan, but always expect companies to follow the money, especially smaller companies with fewer resources

Ah, well. An announcement of an announcement that a new version of one plugin I neither own nor intend to own will "soon" be released with compatibility to run on QC firmware that doesn't exist now and also won't exist then is about as nothing burger as it could possibly get... but this thread sure has been a fun way to spend my morning. :D

"Not yet!"

Right down to the exclamation point, their schtick is absolute perfection. :rofl

Ah, well. An announcement of an announcement that a new version of one plugin I neither own nor intend to own will "soon" be released with compatibility to run on QC firmware that doesn't exist now and also won't exist then is about as nothing burger as it could possibly get... but this thread sure has been a fun way to spend my morning. :D

"Not yet!"

Right down to the exclamation point, their schtick is absolute perfection. :rofl

That’s Our NeuralTM

Back