Neural DSP Nano Cortex

Capturing of so easy that makes me don't want to touch NAM never again. It's almost impossible to do a bad capture in terms of gain.
I've never done a NAM capture but the only thing is QC captures do sound different than their reference source. It's very close but idk, it's still an audible difference. Maybe not in the mix tho!

But nothing beats onboard capturing. Much smoother all around

Well to be fair the LED indicate levels of different functions. But it is odd they bothered with the physical line at all.
Few brands make their own knob hats. There's what, maybe 20 different options on the market if you ignore color variants, and even then need to pick what is a comfortable size and fits the type of pot you are using.

Yes, good point. But for me it's more generally a matter of, "It's so compact and it looks so elegant... but how the hell am I going to remember what any of this means??"

View attachment 31086

Having said as much... I still think it's a cool device for those who want to set and forget with a handful of good captures. Or those who want to make captures on the go.
I don't know maybe I am use to Fractal but that's pretty easy for me since its a fixed chain it can only be
Gate - Transpose- Mod-Delay -Rev, if you could freely assign fx that's a bit more but since you have a choice of five and they group the 2 pre and 3 post effects with the lines over them , I find this product actually really intuitive , if they could have added amp models, I could have lived without the touch screen and 4 presets

Reactions: LCW
Found a decent IIC+ capture for my utter love of Master of Puppets.

IMG_4477.jpeg

Playing with the built-in NDSP IRs… there’s actually more to them than simple IRs. Actually have options on mic type, mic distance and some basic EQ’ing. I’m hoping they allow for dual IRs in the future.

IMG_4478.jpeg

Adding a 3rd party IR... you don't get the mic and placement options (obviously). You can see the more simplified layout below vs the factory IR in my post above.

Trying one of my favorite IR packs (the Marshall Silver 87 from Seacow Cabs...), and it sounds killer!

IMG_4480.jpeg

Last edited:
Found a decent IIC+ capture for my utter love of Master of Puppets.

View attachment 31104

Playing with the built-in NDSP IRs… there’s actually more to them than simple IRs. Actually have options on mic type, mic distance and some basic EQ’ing. I’m hoping they allow for dual IRs in the future.

View attachment 31105
Dual Ir would be pretty cool although w on board cabs
5 mics w 6 positions you basically have about 30 Irs
Which is more than decent IMO
But mixes would be cool

Reactions: LCW
Dual Ir would be pretty cool although w on board cabs
5 mics w 6 positions you basically have about 30 Irs
Which is more than decent IMO
But mixes would be cool
Yeah I was surprised that the factory built-in IRs are this tweakable. More like QC cab blocks than IRs.

Back