NDSP (finally) announces plugin support for the Quad Cortex

giphy.gif

I'm confused by this thread. Neural "accounced" plugins when they announced the QQ. Now they re-announce that they are still super sure they'll do plugins "in the future". So plugin support was supposed to be in the future and it still is. What is the point of the announcement then?

An extra announcement (for an announcement for an announcement) may be ridiculous, but it doesn't change the way the thing sounds or functions one iota. Still happy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

31f26a01-7c56-4ad9-9b7d-9d9ee6b3e872_text.gif

I get it. There's the product over here, and the company over there. And the product is still singular for having full processing power in that compact a package. Even Headrush Core is significantly bigger and it has the same underwhelming processing power of its bigger brother.

I'm confused by this thread. Neural "accounced" plugins when they announced the QQ. Now they re-announce that they are still super sure they'll do plugins "in the future". So plugin support was supposed to be in the future and it still is. What is the point of the announcement then?

If they keep people talking about plug-ins and how great/bad they’re doing, people forget about the lack of MIDI implementation and laggy effects loops or expression pedals. ;)

@mbenigni we love you but you really have to let go of that goddamn thing.
We can put any guitar amp into the QC
:rollsafe

Amps with mods from the gods, or from a noob playing around with an amp and got lucky
Think about it... 20 different JCM800 Marshalls..or any other Marshalls..

But I get why you guys :Boo the QC, but you need to know that we love the box, it`s fun to use, looks sexy as hell, sounds good.

We can put any guitar amp into the QC
I don't know about you, but for me this lost its appeal after trawling through enough captures on the NDSP cloud. Not because they weren't good, but because like with 300+ amp models, you eventually realize that not all of them are that unique and swapping cabs would do more than swapping amps.

QC would be a great box if you have a sizable amp collection of your own and don't want to haul your prized amps to a gig but a more than good enough digital replica.

IMO QC as a product is good, it's just NeuralDSP the company that is holding it back. If it had been released this year in its current condition, I think it would have been more positively received, since it now at least has less major issues. With the editor and plugin support "right around the corner", people would be more willing to give NeuralDSP some slack about it.

Back