I Am Listening To Every Avenged Sevenfold Album In Chronological Order

Hahahha anxious to hear your thoughts. I dig it when you do these because I know you’re giving everything a fair shot as if you’re kind of listening for the first time.

I’m definitely curious to hear what you think about their trajectory over time.

Those first two albums are kind of a novelty for me. Very much a product of their time. For a long time my favorite was the 4th/self-titled/white album but the last two albums have thoroughly knocked that out of it's place.

Those first two albums are kind of a novelty for me. Very much a product of their time. For a long time my favorite was the 4th/self-titled/white album but the last two albums have thoroughly knocked that out of it's place.

Oh man, that is kind of neat how different we are in our perception of them. I find the latest/last work the "novelty" in their
catalog and dig the earliest work the best.

:sofa

Waking The Fallen is Tight AF! To me. :idk

You can hear the Metal/Metalcore start to mix/blend with some Prog elements on this album. This is also where they started
to really delve into those Iron Maiden-esque twin guitar harmony lines with Syn in the mix now.. I also like the super dry production
on WTF. :chef

Might be able to tell that I really love this album. :love

It ages really well. For me. :LOL:

Oh man, that is kind of neat how different we are in our perception of them. I find the latest/last work the "novelty" in their
catalog and dig the earliest work the best.

:sofa

Waking The Fallen is Tight AF! To me. :idk

You can hear the Metal/Metalcore start to mix/blend with some Prog elements on this album. This is also where they started
to really delve into those Iron Maiden-esque twin guitar harmony lines with Syn in the mix now.. I also like the super dry production
on WTF. :chef

Might be able to tell that I really love this album. :love

It ages really well. For me. :LOL:

Wow, no shit. Don’t get me wrong, I felt like I was the only one with my horns in the air while singing along to “Second Heartbeat” the other night, but they dropped and I shut up during the chorus because that‘s a bit too far into the emo thing for me. I just listened to a lot of metalcore back at that time, there’s a certain shade of it I can’t listen to these days without cringing a bit. Some Killswitch songs, too.

They just go into so many different areas after that album and there were plenty of bands that stuck around to do the screaming verses singing choruses thing when they moved on.

When ya get to the self-titled, this is a killer documentary where they show the recording of each song. There’s some great Rev footage in here and this is probably what made me a bigger fan of them; they’re like kids in a candy store in the studio and seeing “A Little Piece Of Heaven” go from an idea the Rev had to the final result and how they work together. It also completely debunks the “they’re just a record label creation” notion that was thrown around so much back in the day, there’s no producer in there, it’s just them doing whatever they want.

:headbang :rawk

Never really thought to hear a dose of Helloween with those twin guitar harmonies
underneath the choruses. I think I have now, though. :beer

This song is making me happy today. I bet it's been close to 10 years since I last listened to this
Album in its entirety.

Seize The Day is A7X's November Rain. :chef

:crazy

Hahahaha I think that was their intent at the time, too. Man, I have to listen to that album again, it’s been a LONG time. I was so burnt on it by the time it was done blowing up. I think “So Far Away” has replaced it at this point, that was another one they did Saturday that got louder than the PA.

It's so funny, Drew. The songs I liked the most today were not the ones I thought I liked the.

A song like Trashed and Scattered really stood out to me today in a way it had not before. :idk

I did get a bit fatigued by the tail end of City Of Evil. It's great, and super nostalgic for me at this point in life. :headbang

It's so funny, Drew. The songs I liked the most today were not the ones I thought I liked the.

A song like Trashed and Scattered really stood out to me today in a way it had not before. :idk

I did get a bit fatigued by the tail end of City Of Evil. It's great, and super nostalgic for me at this point in life. :headbang

Yeah, that album is so over the top in every direction, the playing, the melodies, every bit of it, it’s a lot to take in. They’ve always been a “Throw it at the wall” band but that album was like them realizing they could legitimately play their asses off like “HOLY SHIT WE CAN DO THIS?!?! LET’S PLAY ALLLLL THE NOTES!!!”

The next album they dial it back quite a bit. Definitely listen to that one on good speakers with a sub if you can, they went nuts with the sub bass on that one.

I've been song by song-ing this challenge on the side when I can. The lynchpin for A7wtfever is 1000000000% the vocals. I like some of his melodies on some things but on others his harmony/note choices and grating voice are a LOT to take. The music, at least during Rev era; is pretty much beyond reproach.

Eerily similar here, JT. That tonality thing with singers is not something you can change,
or talk yourself into or out of. You either digs it, or you don't. :idk

I have moments with him where I am, "Oh hell yes!" and then others where I am "I hope I can
make it through this song." :LOL:

The best vocals on this song are not M. Shadows, but The Rev. To my ear. Pretty sure that is
him doing the borderline screamy vox here.

Back