I Am Listening To Every Mastodon Album In Chronological Order

Great job man, and no arguments on the rankings - which is boring but full on truthiness!

You've done a service and I retract the slap from above, redirecting to myself.
Star Trek Slapping GIF

Wow, I’m surprised to see Once More…. that far down the list! I tend to hold CTS/Once More/Emperor in the same standing, I love them quite equally.

Was glad to see Hushed And Grimm get the respect it deserves. Even big Mastodon fans have had a hard time with that album, mostly because of it’s length, but I think because it’s so subdued and not as rockin’ as the rest of their sh*t as well. It’s been playing nonstop since last Thursday, again. After the events of last Thursday some of those songs have a whole different meaning to me now, I love it when that happens.

Wow, I’m surprised to see Once More…. that far down the list! I tend to hold CTS/Once More/Emperor in the same standing, I love them quite equally.

Was glad to see Hushed And Grimm get the respect it deserves. Even big Mastodon fans have had a hard time with that album, mostly because of it’s length, but I think because it’s so subdued and not as rockin’ as the rest of their sh*t as well. It’s been playing nonstop since last Thursday, again. After the events of last Thursday some of those songs have a whole different meaning to me now, I love it when that happens.
I LOVE Once More :chef

They're all good to great. I quibbled with myself, so feel free to join in with the quibbling. :LOL:

I just discovered that Ben Verellen from Verellen Amplification was Assistant Engineer on the Blood Mountain Album.

And this song. :love

I listened to their whole discography recently. A segment of a bridge section of one of their songs was stuck in my head and I couldn't get rid of it but I also couldn't figure out what song it was from. It was only a couple of bars looping in my head and I couldn't mentally play it past the snippet in either direction to reveal more of it.

I listened to their discography until I found the song. It was all the way into Emperor of Sand and by that point I felt I might as well finish the discography.

Anyway it was a partial of the bit that starts at 3:20 here.

I listened to their whole discography recently. A segment of a bridge section of one of their songs was stuck in my head and I couldn't get rid of it but I also couldn't figure out what song it was from. It was only a couple of bars looping in my head and I couldn't mentally play it past the snippet in either direction to reveal more of it.

I listened to their discography until I found the song. It was all the way into Emperor of Sand and by that point I felt I might as well finish the discography.

Anyway it was a partial of the bit that starts at 3:20 here.

This is in my top 5 favorite Mastodon tunes. I lost my dog the week this album came out, due to an issue with his brain. The whole song was equally hard to hear and therapeutic, particularly the exact middle section you pointed out being a bit more therapeutic!

Back