Ok La Szum, I'm doing Muse. Listening to Each Studio Album In Order.

I remember getting a Revolver mag or one of those music mags back around ’06 or so, maybe Rolling Stone? They gave the band a bunch of money to do whatever they wanted with, so they rented an inflatable bounce house and had it put in the desert, then bought a bunch of mushrooms and tripped balls while playing on said bounce house. :rofl My kinda guys!!!

I always found this to be pretty funny, it was originally stated they were shitfaced, but someone clarified in the comments that the radio station told them not to swear and since their songs have no curses, Matt figured they’d never even listened to them so did this instead- (1:35)

HAARP is a live show/DVD worth checking out. :chef

I tend to have issues at some point with guys who stay in their head voice
too much. It's me. Not them. Love Buckley, Yorke, and Bellamy... but after awhile
I am always like "Can you sing from your nuts just one time, Bro?"

:sofa

too much. It's me. Not them. Love Buckley, Yorke, and Bellamy... but after awhile

I would say Buckley managed to sing from every part of his body, the guy had crazy range. Tenor, range 4 octaves. That’s pretty darn good. When I went to song class (was just a spare time, once a week for a year thing) I learned from my teacher I was spot on where Jeff was, but I couldn’t reach neither that high or low obviously…

But the way he sometimes deliberately used falsetto earlier than he would be forced to while diaphragm slowly supporting the vocal cords… great stuff…

and at the same time go out of falsetto at the higher range where one wouldn’t be able to.

It’s fun stuff…

But I also agree. I tend to play some Pearl Jam or something after listening to those bright singing dudes for to long :rofl Gets tedious after a while and you catch yourself running around the house sounding like a choirboy while cleaning the house, and the kids starting to look at you suspiciously.

I don't discern which Muse songs are from which albums, since when I listen to them, I just put everything on random. So I hadn't realized just how much I enjoy all of the songs on The Resistance. Matt's writing, production, & arranging just keeps getting better and better.

His use of changing dynamics within a song is amazing!

I turned a buddy on to Muse, and the only thing he could focus on was how Matt is very deliberate when he pulls in a breath. Haha.
(If you've never noticed it, don't. It is hard to un-hear.)

Man, the variation of styles on this album is crazy!! Unnatural Selection to I Belong To You. Huh?? I love albums like this!!

Geez, I Belong To You could be a show-tune. Clarinet? Check. Shakers? Check. Crooning vocals? Yep.

I'm getting the impression Matt just writes whatever he feels, with absolutely no regard for staying in any particular genre, and he's just fantastic about taking all the musical tools he has at his disposal, and creating beautifully artistic songs with them. Or driving, head-bobbing, straight-ahead rockers. And anything in between.

Back