I Am Listening To Every Mastodon Album In Chronological Order

I agree with the no bad albums/songs! 3 more nights!!!

They certainly sound like themselves to the point they don’t sound like a single one of their peers, at most you can say “This kinda reminds me of a Floyd/Rush section” but as far as heavy music goes, they don’t really share any similarities with other bands. Pretty crazy they’ve made that happen for 20 years while continuously changing their sound up.

IMG_2881.jpeg
IMG_2880.jpeg

Not shitting on Gojira btw, although when I saw them live I thought they were playing an iPod at first; they were so tight

Get to see both of them this Thursday! I haven’t seen Gojira yet so I’m really stoked for this show.

Definitely don’t see them being that similar though, aside from them both playing heavy music. I don’t think Mastodon even has a single song that’s chug/palm mute based riffing start to finish and that’s Gojira’s bread and butter.

Get to see both of them this Thursday! I haven’t seen Gojira yet so I’m really stoked for this show.

Definitely don’t see them being that similar though, aside from them both playing heavy music. I don’t think Mastodon even has a single song that’s chug/palm mute based riffing start to finish and that’s Gojira’s bread and butter.
This is going to be a killer show :satan

Mostly just a whale reference. Where Strides the Behemoth is pretty Gojira-esque on its own. (See: Remembrance?) Completely different bands, but also makes complete sense for them to share a bill.

I've talked about this before. Loved Leviathan when it was new and didn't quite care for the first single off the following album so I stopped paying attention.

Then I learned from you guys that the drummer is singing now too so I listened to a few and he reminds me a lot of Ozzy!

Gonna play this game too. Will be the new gym jam

Call of the Mastodon, Remission (had never heard these two before), and Leviathan. I could be happy with just these three lol. Caveman AF but I like it.

They lose me at Blood Mountain a little bit. Def not as effective as gym jams.

They are literally the exact type of Modern Rock/Metal band I would love to be a part of. But maybe with
an hint more of 80s Hard Rock/Metal thrown in.
Listening to your Emperor of Sand clips now. I really could not get into that or Hushed and Grim. It's not a dip in quality so much as I just kind of stopped getting the hooks they were delivering? Not a dig on them at all as really; they are fucking perfect in my mind.

Listening to your Emperor of Sand clips now. I really could not get into that or Hushed and Grim. It's not a dip in quality so much as I just kind of stopped getting the hooks they were delivering? Not a dig on them at all as really; they are f*****g perfect in my mind.

Totally get that. There are definitely more Proggy moments, slower tempos, and overdubs.

Reactions: JT
Back