I Am Listening To Every Queensryche Album In Chronological Order

I just read about the lawsuits between Rockenfield and Jackson / Wilton. I'll tell you, when I saw them on the Empire / Rage for Order Suite tour in the aughts, the only person playing like he cared was Rockenfield. With him out of the band, my interest is out of the band too.

Hell, with just about every band I love, I only like three albums usually. For Queensryche, I like all the albums from the first EP up to Promised Land, so that's a great run in my eyes. And the first one with La Torre had great stuff too, in my opinion. So with the large amount of their work that I love, I can't begrudge all their work that made me puke, or the terrible decisions they made at different parts haha.

I thought I was going to have a bigger reaction to Scott being gone because his parts are really integral to that band, more than the majority of drummers are in their respective bands, for sure, but when The Verdict came out (Todd played drums on it) the most I thought of the drums were “Shit, Todd did a really fucking good job at making this a Ryche album” and then with the newest one that Casey played on, it’s a great album, maybe not a great Queensryche album and they‘re just about at the point where they sound more like a band heavily influenced by Ryche than they do Ryche.

One could say that’s just a natural evolution and the band would have gotten there regardless of who was in it…..their history may indicate otherwise but ultimately, I’ll still probably get each album as they’re released and I’ll always go see them live. I’m not quite as fired up about them as I was when Todd first joined and at this point I’d probably be more excited to hear about a reunion with all original memmbers more than I would be a new Toddryche album.

a new Toddryche album.

HA! Just made me think of Spinal Tap and Nigel Tufnel.

"Well, first we had Scottryche. Then we switched to Toddryche and then again to Caseyryche. We're hoping next for Buddyryche - cause Buddy's are really good drummers, right?"

image3A54374_Glitch.jpg

My mind is in this phase where I want to find a great group of guys (or gals) and learn
an entire album together.

I may hit that dude up with the epic pipes I met this past summer and see if he is tired of
playing the mother fooking Goo Goo Dolls and really ready to man up and use his
pipes for what God intended. :LOL:

Will give him more time to wallow and stew in his own self-chosen mediocrity. :hmm
The Goo Goo Dolls were actually decent before they became limp wristed soft pop rock for women.

Back