Helix LT "lite" (that would be LT LT?): who's in?

Would you buy it (read the OP)?

• Yes, and I have a Helix Floor/LT

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Yes, and I have an HX Stomp/Stomp XL

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Yes, and I have an HX Effects

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Yes, and I have an HX One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, and I have no Helix family devices

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Nope, and I already have a Helix device

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • Nope, and I don't have a Helix device

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters

molul

Roadie
It's been talked in some threads a few times lately and I'm curious: who would be interested in a new Helix device, like the LT but without the expression pedal, and size as reduced as possible (assuming the lack of expression pedal would allow reducing the vertical size)?

If you vote yes and happen to own more than one Helix device, please choose the bigger one you own from the options.

I never thought built-in expression pedals were a good idea. What happens if the expression pedal quits working? You’re stuck with it until you send it out for repair. Then your entire rig is out of commission. It’s much easier to just replace a separate expression pedal.

That said, I just don’t have the need for anything larger than the HX Stomp or HX Stomp XL, at least for my application. I only use a couple of presets and snapshots at a time.

Have the LT. I like having the exp pedal. The only thing I want is more dsp.
Same. AND GODDAMN LFO PARAMETER CONTROLS.
Re: expression pedals - I’ve been playing multifx with built-in EXP pedals since the the GT-6 and have yet to have one fail. I had an LT that would only go to 1% after an update, but L6 fixed it no charge. If you external EXP shits the bed you still have to replace it and if you’re gigging regularly and only have one setup available, boo on you. If L6’s next flagship only comes in rack or QC/TBP layout I’ll just keep playing Helix unless something better comes along. The last thing I want is a pedalboard for my mfx or more cables.

express yourself madonna GIF

No expression pedal and cut both pairs of pre-dedicated buttons off each side.

Not interested unless the number of footswitches is also reduced for a significantly more compact form factor. Just removing the expression is only enough to take it from a surfboard to a longboard.

Not interested unless the number of footswitches is also reduced for a significantly more compact form factor. Just removing the expression is only enough to take it from a surfboard to a longboard.
I would want that too if there was a way to create a snapshots sequence that you can navigate with prev/next footswitches. If that existed, I would be fine with 8 footswitches instead of 12: bank up/down, mode, tuner/tap tempo, and 4 footswitches for stomp or snapshot use

Yes for me. I have an HX Effects and HX Stomp. Love the size of the Effects overall although it could be a touch smaller. If they could fit an entire Helix DSP in that box along with amp modeling I’d sell off my other Helix gear.

Back