I tried to let go of Helix LT then reality set in.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
So I got it in my head again that I need a simple set up of a few analog pedals straight to my amp. Sat down and threw together a pedal board of wah, phase 90, bad monkey, and a wave modulated delay and wired it all up. Then I tried to mimic getting through just one set of the cover songs I play in the band and...

press your luck no GIF

I can't do it. Mater of fact I didn't get through 4 songs before I was missing something important. I need to look elsewhere. Like gear or inward. My major issues I have been having lately are

1. Can't see Helix LT screen in daylight and have more outdoor stuff coming up - Make some kind of shroud? I dont like the looks of gearbyceba shroud. :cautious:
2. Sound issues that are bizarre when going direct - Hopefully resolved after a factory reset. :oops:
3. I love my Turbosound IP2000 mini arrays because I can use them as FOH and monitors at the same time but they suck for electric guitar - Bring wedges :cry:
or 4. This conundrum is pretty much forcing me to go 4cm or direct to return which means bringing a heavy amp to gigs. :hmm

The fight rages on. I just want to show up with my Helix LT and PA system and sound great. Is that asking too much?

im trying buy a 2nd one hahahaha. i just wanna leave one at the rehearsal spot and one at my house. going to rehearsal with nothing would be awesome.

So I got it in my head again that I need a simple set up of a few analog pedals straight to my amp. Sat down and threw together a pedal board of wah, phase 90, bad monkey, and a wave modulated delay and wired it all up. Then I tried to mimic getting through just one set of the cover songs I play in the band and...

press your luck no GIF

I can't do it. Mater of fact I didn't get through 4 songs before I was missing something important. I need to look elsewhere. Like gear or inward. My major issues I have been having lately are

1. Can't see Helix LT screen in daylight and have more outdoor stuff coming up - Make some kind of shroud? I dont like the looks of gearbyceba shroud. :cautious:

3. I love my Turbosound IP2000 mini arrays because I can use them as FOH and monitors at the same time but they suck for electric guitar - Bring wedges :cry:
Get a small table or piano bench to shade the LT. I doubles as a place to put the wedge you will just need to bring. It can also bring your beer closer to hand level.

Get a small table or piano bench to shade the LT. I doubles as a place to put the wedge you will just need to bring. It can also bring your beer closer to hand level.
Not a bad idea really. I think I am going to try and build a shroud first

A huge pedalboard with something like the Gigrig controller will roughly get you in the ballpark of an LT. But it’s an insane amount of troubles, headaches, midi, money…. And all those pedals being a risk with settings and functions.

Just thinking out loud (in silent text) for you.

Like la szum…. So glad I don’t gig anymore :rofl

Have you ever tried a Powercab ?

this Electrovoice Wedge gets great user reviews as well

Maybe the Helix Floor would work better for you since it has the scribble strips instead of relying on the LCD to display state? I've never tried it outdoors but I'd assume that those displays would perform better than the main screen.

With the pedalboard setup you get the mix and match thing, but then quickly run into "you know what, I'd really like snapshots for all this" and that means loop switchers or MIDI control which is way more complicated to set up than programming the Helix.

Definitely need something that works for any position of where the sun is hitting it. The gearbyceba cover would be ok when the sun is in front of you but forget it for anything else.

Maybe the Helix Floor would work better for you since it has the scribble strips instead of relying on the LCD to display state? I've never tried it outdoors but I'd assume that those displays would perform better than the main screen.
All the HX screens are really hard to read under direct sunlight, even the scribble strips. I remember barely being able to differentiate the different switch colors on outdoor gigs.

Back