TLDR Warning, my Pod Go thoughts/conclusions, me and Helix as a relationship.

LT with the backpack is gigging bliss.

Absolutely but like some here I go from direct only to direct+amp return to meticulously assembling an all analog pedalboard to only then realize I have no poly pitch. Then I put a Drop in my cart and say WTF am I doing the poly pitch in Helix is awesome and then empty my cart...then start it all over again.

Why? I have no idea. What I will say is I was doing that BEFORE I ever bought a Helix LT, which TBH was the first month they became available. I believe I am on LT #4

In fact its cold as hell and theres no one there to raise them if ya did..

Maybe some day but I think its gonna be a long long time.
It will work out fine.

First… we donate the… stuff. Send it over. They can do the rest themselves.

The fact they do some heavy lifting to produce beings makes it fair if they send them back to us when the babies are… babied done.

A nice deal would be, if they arrive back at around 4 yo. They’re pretty easy going and actually fun to do stuff with then.

Let’s keep ‘em until they’re about 11? 12 maybe… let’s send them back when preteen kicks in.

Them maybe they can come back and visit after 21 and just hi… then go back if they’re girlies

It will work out fine.

First… we donate the… stuff. Send it over. They can do the rest themselves.

The fact they do some heavy lifting to produce beings makes it fair if they send them back to us when the babies are… babied done.

A nice deal would be, if they arrive back at around 4 yo. They’re pretty easy going and actually fun to do stuff with then.

Let’s keep ‘em until they’re about 11? 12 maybe… let’s send them back when preteen kicks in.

Them maybe they can come back and visit after 21 and just hi… then go back if they’re girlies
On paper, all I need is a klon, EQ, amp, cab, delay & a comp.
This feels like something a Pod Go could do.
But when I use native, somehow my chain has 8-9 blocks..

I don’t know if it’s the nature of Helix modelling or something else, but, it seems I end up using a lot of blocks for the tweaking that HX is (in)famous for.

For the record, I mostly use a neck PU clean/edge jazz tone.
High gain is much simpler with just 4 blocks.

TL/DR:
Feels like the extra dsp is needed not for the extra fx but the extra tweaking necessary to make it work.

Is this a common experience?
And why’s the Pod Go not working for ya? Dsp?

I don’t know if it’s the nature of Helix modelling or something else, but, it seems I end up using a lot of blocks for the tweaking that HX is (in)famous for.

For the record, I mostly use a neck PU clean/edge jazz tone.
High gain is much simpler with just 4 blocks.

TL/DR:
Feels like the extra dsp is needed not for the extra fx but the extra tweaking necessary to make it work.

With the new cabs, I feel I need lesser blocks to get the tones I want. The new can system is awesome. It's not on PG yet.

Sure. Imo it does that very good. You even have one more slot to fill there….
You must know why you are adding certain blocks. The question is why you use the blocks you use. Why are you tweaking with blocks? Personally I don’t feel this way, if something’s wrong it’s usually the amp/cab combination or the stock settings on the amp. They have improved this imo.

An EQ, sure they’re used for several reasons, and Pod Go has one we can use as EQ and also as a “Drive” block. Use the Cali EQ, put a Minotaur on the settings you like then try to match the Minotaur with the Cali EQ block. You can get pretty close, if you use an amp model that breaks up that is.
TL/DR:
I disagree :idk I guess we all are different but I have the strong opinion that if you use a bunch of cut/eq/shelf/ blocks or whatever, something else is wrong and it’s mostly about the amp/cab/mic…. Ime. Don’t try to polish a turd. Poo is poo… it can’t be saved.
I think it was in the past. Over at tgp years ago, people were talking alot about using certain blocks to fix something… eq, shelfs, cuts, end of chain comp and all sorts of things. Things are definitely better. But much also comes down to what speakers/headphones people use. That’s a very strong factor right there.
Definitely works, it’s a great unit and should be all I need as a home player. It basically solves a lot of stuff that I need to add with a stomp. Expression, switches, better user interface and so on. I just need more freedom to place blocks in weird ways that’s only possible with HX units. Sometimes I need (no…. I want) a looper on a split path… one pre reverb and one post… weird shit like: compressor->reverb->fuzz->delay->amp/cab->looper->reverb… stuff like that.

It’s a weird balance for me. Stomp has never let me down on what I want to do. Where it falls is about me going back and forth with scaling up or down the Stomp setup.

Last edited:
530 usd for a second hand Stomp bought in Mars this year. Looks pristine, only used at home.

thumbs up or poo?

Edit:
I will let TGF decide this one for me :bag
You are now entitled the power to choose my faith. I have until sunday for that price, before it goes to the next swede in line…. More thumbs than poo, and i have a Stomp next week. Your mission is to decide if you want the swede to have a Stomp or become a Timbuck.
:sofa

So the plan will go like this.

I will keep the PG for a while. There is some money locked into it, and if this plays out how I want it will fund part of the Stomp later on.

Stomp should arrive thursday.

To keep things interesting and economical I ordered a Ripcord 9v. Instead of getting att new power supply again I will use a power bank I already have used with the stomp before. I also have a Birdcord lying around that can power one or two pedals if i want. I will consider building in the stomp psu into the pedalboard though. Undecided on that part.

Expression is solved as I have one lying in a drawer. I will limit myself to a Preston Sheriff junior instead of the JET Micro i always used before with the Stomp. The sheriff offers almost the same stuff as the Jet Micro but is cheaper to buy and sent to me than the Jet Micro.

Found some particle boards at home that I’ll start working on next week. I would have liked to make something out of nicer wood and oil it. But I have a few ideas that maybe can make the wood chunk details and pattern of the particle board look cool.

So keep an eye out in the pedal area in the forums. I’ll be making a thread about it.

Thanks Alex… my brain sometimes… of course i meant the stomp was bought in march… not imported from from Mars. The buy and sell
market on Mars is crazy. Overpriced.
I thought you meant that music store chain that existed over 20 years ago, lol. I used to work there, actually.

Sure. Imo it does that very good. You even have one more slot to fill there….

You must know why you are adding certain blocks. The question is why you use the blocks you use. Why are you tweaking with blocks? Personally I don’t feel this way, if something’s wrong it’s usually the amp/cab combination or the stock settings on the amp. They have improved this imo.

An EQ, sure they’re used for several reasons, and Pod Go has one we can use as EQ and also as a “Drive” block. Use the Cali EQ, put a Minotaur on the settings you like then try to match the Minotaur with the Cali EQ block. You can get pretty close, if you use an amp model that breaks up that is.

I disagree :idk I guess we all are different but I have the strong opinion that if you use a bunch of cut/eq/shelf/ blocks or whatever, something else is wrong and it’s mostly about the amp/cab/mic…. Ime. Don’t try to polish a turd. Poo is poo… it can’t be saved.

I think it was in the past. Over at tgp years ago, people were talking alot about using certain blocks to fix something… eq, shelfs, cuts, end of chain comp and all sorts of things. Things are definitely better. But much also comes down to what speakers/headphones people use. That’s a very strong factor right there.

Definitely works, it’s a great unit and should be all I need as a home player. It basically solves a lot of stuff that I need to add with a stomp. Expression, switches, better user interface and so on. I just need more freedom to place blocks in weird ways that’s only possible with HX units. Sometimes I need (no…. I want) a looper on a split path… one pre reverb and one post… weird s**t like: compressor->reverb->fuzz->delay->amp/cab->looper->reverb… stuff like that.

It’s a weird balance for me. Stomp has never let me down on what I want to do. Where it falls is about me going back and forth with scaling up or down the Stomp setup.
I guess you have a sophisticated tonal palette. Good luck!

And yes, you’re probably right, it’s mostly a user error where I’m trying to fix a lot with EQs.
I also have to compensate for muddy import pickups but it’s mostly me approaching it wrong.

Using the Native, I never felt the need to optimize the blocks/DSP.
But I’ll try to build a patch from scratch and get the amp/cab as close as possible.

I believe I am on LT #4
maxresdefault.jpg

Back