TLDR Warning, my Pod Go thoughts/conclusions, me and Helix as a relationship.

As long as you know going in that whatever you do will elicit internal conflict and second-guessing
there will be no wrong or right decisions to be made. :brick

:rofl

I do have some stuff that would be worth doing the Stomp again… The Carcosa and 250 is pedals that I’ve hold on to of pure sentimental value (used those in a band). Carcosa being what it is, pairs up nice and behaves in the fx loop. I know there are wicked fuzzes in Helix too, but none of them does the Carcosa thing. 250 is well… I don’t know what 250 Line 6 modeled but the Dod ri output feels different. They don’t behave (tha feelz bro) the same way when used as a preamp enhancer.
Expression pedals i have one or maybe two to choose from.

Sadly I sold the CS6 power supply… that’s another one that should never be sold. Should be forbidden to get rid of. Once bought it’s a keeper. But it was an easy and quick sell.

I’m thinking though, if I go this route again is should go on building my own board, probably saving a few pennies by hiding a power strip and maybe getting a daisy thingy for eventual pedals.
It could be a fun “taking the time” thing, and gives a personal value to things. A lot of the fun for me has also been in the change stuff things… also sometimes being problematic.
Either way… Stomp is a solid ground.

i don’t know guys…

The thought of an LT has also crossed my mind several times. I know I’d hate having such a large thing, but it also would let me do plenty and it would be stationary never to be moved. I owned one back when I was playing with a band and it was a great tool for that. Had it for a while at home but i really felt the Stomp was a perfect home solution…

its the whole….
“is it (am i) worth having this much”
“how little and less can i get away with and still be content”
….thing

so yesterday I decided that Stomp and being able to use a pedal or two would be the good solution. Started laying out some shit at pedalplayground, having an LT laid out as reference. Trying to cram in as much as possible on a metro 24, just to se how far I theoretically unintentionally would go. This ends up with a thing that is way more expensive than an LT and not much smaller.

So giving myself that possibility is a no no…

Also. I know that if I get an LT, a new hardware modeler that I absolutely want will be released two weeks later.

Today its thoughts about an LT.

I wonder… maybe the repackage rehousing with tweaks thing has been the best thing manufacturers can do since the chaos started in 2020 or so…
But I imagine Line 6 would rather keep making the models as long as they have parts for it. Repackage design probably costs more than what it would sell….

But my heart is leaning towards Stomp, it’s like the thought of a Stomp never leaves my brain. maybe I’ll wait for a used one to show up.
Somehow I always feel better buying new though… like a faithful and loyal customer.

Why do I write all this shit you may think?

The answer is pure and simple.

It’s for your amusement only. And it feels good to ramble on about it on you guys. All laughs, shuckles, moans are on me :rofl

i don’t know guys…

The thought of an LT has also crossed my mind several times. I know I’d hate having such a large thing, but it also would let me do plenty and it would be stationary never to be moved. I owned one back when I was playing with a band and it was a great tool for that. Had it for a while at home but i really felt the Stomp was a perfect home solution…

its the whole….
“is it (am i) worth having this much”
“how little and less can i get away with and still be content”
….thing

so yesterday I decided that Stomp and being able to use a pedal or two would be the good solution. Started laying out some s**t at pedalplayground, having an LT laid out as reference. Trying to cram in as much as possible on a metro 24, just to se how far I theoretically unintentionally would go. This ends up with a thing that is way more expensive than an LT and not much smaller.

So giving myself that possibility is a no no…

Also. I know that if I get an LT, a new hardware modeler that I absolutely want will be released two weeks later.

Today its thoughts about an LT.

I wonder… maybe the repackage rehousing with tweaks thing has been the best thing manufacturers can do since the chaos started in 2020 or so…
But I imagine Line 6 would rather keep making the models as long as they have parts for it. Repackage design probably costs more than what it would sell….

But my heart is leaning towards Stomp, it’s like the thought of a Stomp never leaves my brain. maybe I’ll wait for a used one to show up.
Somehow I always feel better buying new though… like a faithful and loyal customer.

Why do I write all this s**t you may think?

The answer is pure and simple.

It’s for your amusement only. And it feels good to ramble on about it on you guys. All laughs, shuckles, moans are on me :rofl
I am going to play the devil's advocate...

I was in a similar journey and thought process. Sold my stomp + pedals. Bought a used floor. Had a lot of power now at my finger tips. But, maybe it's just me, I really missed the charm of the Stomp; I missed my wah sounds. I don't know, just the prospect and possibility of being able to / having the choice of just removing the Stomp from the board and using the little thing as an all-on rig when I travel etc. is just too charming for me. I don't have the luxury of having "backup" mini/ fly rigs. And with a Stomp, you can always expand the rig with a Tonex or any other pedal that may show up in future. The Stomp will always be relevant and can always full any gap that you need it to. With the LT/Floor I felt stuck.

Having said that though, I did recommend LT to a very good friend of mine. We gig together. But I know it would be perfect for him because he was just getting into the digital world and the world of pedals. Also, it's great for gigging. He is happy now and I know he ll be set for life, gear-wise.

As a compromise what I've done is gotten a Metro 20.. so there's not too much room for too much stuff. Just the essentials, and then an extra pedal when needed. Yes it's now a little bit more than an LT perhaps. But it's scalable for MY needs. Also, being a huge John Cordy fan, doesn't help. The Stomp is just too perfect.

If I was pure-local gigging guy, who didn't care about wanting a modular setup to take as a travel kit, and didn't care about pedals etc. I would def. go for an LT.

530 usd for a second hand Stomp bought in Mars this year. Looks pristine, only used at home.

thumbs up or poo?

Edit:
I will let TGF decide this one for me :bag
You are now entitled the power to choose my faith. I have until sunday for that price, before it goes to the next swede in line…. More thumbs than poo, and i have a Stomp next week. Your mission is to decide if you want the swede to have a Stomp or become a Timbuck.
:sofa

Last edited:
530 usd for a second hand Stomp bought in Mars this year. Looks pristine, only used at home.

thumbs up or poo?

Edit:
You are now entitled the power to choose my faith. I have until sunday for that price, before it goes to the next swede in line…. More thumbs than poo, and i have a Stomp next week. Your mission is to decide if you want the swede to have a Stomp or become a Timbuck.
Honestly that sounds a little high for used ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thumbs up or poo?

Edit:
One of our members is selling a XL in classifieds...

Unless floor space or money is a huge concern, get a floor or an LT. More dsp and blocks to try crazy ideas as they suit you and very little in the way of limitations.

D

Back