I tried to let go of Helix LT then reality set in.

I'd say there's no hope then, unless you create some kind of periscope goggles connected into an enclosed Helix LT. PVC and mirrors oughta do the trick (y)
Well...I have held a pedal board case cover directly over it and it does the job. The sky is so open here and the sun is relentless. We rarely get cloud cover and even when we do it's still enough to make my screen disappear. I need to make a shroud that almost encapsulates the entire thing but gives me enough room to see the screen and footswitches. I am gonna do it in cardboard before I attempt wood.

Last edited:
I’m having a flashback to a gig I played that was so bright and hot that I couldn’t make out the red leds on my Tube Screamer and Small Stone, and I couldn’t feel the fretboard through my sweat. At least I had my youth.

Well...I have held a pedal board case cover directly over it and it does the job. The sky is so open here and the sun is relentless. We rarely get cloud cover and even when we do it's still enough to make my screen disappear. I need to make a shroud that almost encapsulates the entire thing but gives me enough room to see the screen and footswitches. I am gonna do it in cardboard before I attempt wood.
I know how open area sun from above can be bright AF in Socal, can't imagine how it feels in NM.

I can almost see it now, something similar to Petrucci's footrest stands but covers the pedalboard area from the sun. Or maybe something less gaudy lol

I’m having a flashback to a gig I played that was so bright and hot that I couldn’t make out the red leds on my Tube Screamer and Small Stone, and I couldn’t feel the fretboard through my sweat. At least I had my youth.
It's not fun. Out here when i sweat the fretboard feels like a chunk of cinder block. I hate using it but the only thing that helps is fast fret or finger ease.

In the year 2030:

Yeah I had to say no to that gig, I only take gigs that are under 45C/113F. But I can't afford to nope out of all of these gigs so I ordered the Axe-Fx IV because it's rated to work at the 60C/140F some of these stages can have. Thankfully I just signed this endorsement with Gibson. I asked them to send me some of the Les Paul SPF300 Custom Shop VOS sunscreen, I hear it's real good.

In the year 2030:

Yeah I had to say no to that gig, I only take gigs that are under 45C/113F. But I can't afford to nope out of all of these gigs so I ordered the Axe-Fx IV because it's rated to work at the 60C/140F some of these stages can have. Thankfully I just signed this endorsement with Gibson. I asked them to send me some of the Les Paul SPF300 Custom Shop VOS sunscreen, I hear it's real good.
Is the Gibson sunscreen for you or for those nitro finishes?

I have 4 ez-ups. Trust me out here it doesn't help much.

Can you pick up an old iPad, iPhone or android and just run HX Edit on it hooked to your LT and mounted to a stand while you play? You probably dont want to control it while playing with it, but it will tell you what effects, preset, etc, you are on maybe better than having to look down.

I have a Stomp XL, but I would think it would be better than nothing.

Is the Gibson sunscreen for you or for those nitro finishes?
Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Back