Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

from the general consensus a lot of folks love the Dynacabs , but there are some also that they have their go to IR's so it may not be a benefit for them

YMMV

from the general consensus a lot of folks love the Dynacabs , but there are some also that they have their go to IR's so it may not be a benefit for them

YMMV

Suspicious Kimmy Schmidt GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

I love the Dyna Cabs. It's hard for me to go back to IRs. I think it adds much more flexibility but also clarity....maybe I just have the wrong IRs lol

I feel like I’m hearing better clarity too

Part of it can be that the Dyna-Cabs can sync with the Amp block speaker impedance curves so if you choose a cab in the Cab block, the matching speaker impedance curve gets set on the Amp block.

Oh I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool. Maybe that’s part of what I’m hearing

On a side note, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is such a great show. It's my kind of absurd.

To segue back to FW 22, if you were using the betas make sure you check your presets. Due to the changes to Dyna-cabs the Dyna-cab slots used in your presets can change and need to be fixed individually. E.g instead of the 4x12 1960 TV cab my Marshall preset had gone to 2x12 Lead 80.

I tell you what... the more I use this device.... the more I look at all my other pedals and switchers and amps and think to myself.... "why the fuck do I even have these???"

Even my G3, which I only just bought a month or two ago.... why the fuck do I have it??! Should've either got an FM9, or an FC12 to control my Axe3.

I tell you what... the more I use this device.... the more I look at all my other pedals and switchers and amps and think to myself.... "why the f**k do I even have these???"

Even my G3, which I only just bought a month or two ago.... why the f**k do I have it??! Should've either got an FM9, or an FC12 to control my Axe3.
Never too late for a great sell off

:idk

Thats the thing with my Fractal FM 9 it has eliminated all pedal GAS, everything I need or want to create is in there,
Even Amps for my needs there is nothing else I'd require, the only maybe possible thing would be a Freqout pedal
which I'm hoping may see in an update but that does not seem likely, Ohh well nothing is perfect

I have the FreqOut, it's very cool! I don't really use it very much, except for a few recording situations now and then. But well worth having.

I've got a ton of pedals that the Axe just straight up replaces. The only thing stopping me from going this direction before (Axe3 for effects usage) is all the malarky of integrating a rack with a foot controller and a valve head.

I have the FreqOut, it's very cool! I don't really use it very much, except for a few recording situations now and then. But well worth having.

I've got a ton of pedals that the Axe just straight up replaces. The only thing stopping me from going this direction before (Axe3 for effects usage) is all the malarky of integrating a rack with a foot controller and a valve head.
Yes the Frequout is very situational but as you say its nice to have, I'm thinking that its not possible to model, for reasons unknown to me, hence I'm guessing why its not been done on any platform yet, so i may just get it
ill keep an eye out for a used one

Yes the Frequout is very situational but as you say its nice to have, I'm thinking that its not possible to model, for reasons unknown to me, hence I'm guessing why its not been done on any platform yet, so i may just get it
ill keep an eye out for a used one
Don’t know if you’ve seen this already, but Simeon from the Fractal forum did the Freqout effect with the synth block.
Not quite as good as the pedal, but it might scratch that itch for free. https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...its-how-to-do-it-with-the-synth-block.190919/

Back