This might be worth trying: Rockville Portable Mixer Stand

$65 on Amazon
Rated for up to 300 pounds
Adjustable width 14" - 24" should fit the Axe 3 no problem
Adjustable height 24" - 36"
Can tilt if that's your thing

Might roll the dice on this one...

s-l500.jpg

Stand arrived today, but didn't realize the angle was fixed at a tilt, so that's kind of annoying. But it seems solid and I'll set it up and see how it works.

Fractal Audio does not purchase ad space at The Gear Page, or any of its subsidiaries.

Its competitors do.

That sums up why FA doesn't get the same length of rope as those who buy ad space there do.

Which is weird, because back when the Axe FX first came out, posts on TGP probably did more than anything to boost Fractal's social profile and generate a dedicated base for their products.

Hahaha I first heard about the AxeFX when Cliff signed up at HugeRacksInc, made a post about it and got a bunch of sh*t from the members for giving any credence to amp modeling. I think that was ‘06/‘07 and if I remember right, it wasn’t even in production yet, or he was still waiting on units.

A short while later some clips popped up on a very, very basic Fractal website and that’s when I fell in love with it, after hearing some edge of breakup tones. I wasn’t even into those tones then but knew if it could do that, it could do everything I wanted it to. Still wasn’t until a decade later that I ended up getting one.

Hahaha and those guys who gave Cliff sh*t, I know some of them are Fractal owners now. :rofl

Hahaha I first heard about the AxeFX when Cliff signed up at HugeRacksInc, made a post about it and got a bunch of sh*t from the members for giving any credence to amp modeling. I think that was ‘06/‘07 and if I remember right, it wasn’t even in production yet, or he was still waiting on units.

A short while later some clips popped up on a very, very basic Fractal website and that’s when I fell in love with it, after hearing some edge of breakup tones. I wasn’t even into those tones then but knew if it could do that, it could do everything I wanted it to. Still wasn’t until a decade later that I ended up getting one.

Hahaha and those guys who gave Cliff sh*t, I know some of them are Fractal owners now. :rofl

Oh man that old website was atrocious. Still I couldn’t hand my money over fast enough for my AX8.

I looked up my paper work last night and it was 7 different Fractal units / iterations I owned and played and gigged with.

Funnily enough ... and for reasons I cant explain .... the AX8 actually was the most-fun and kind of the most satisfying one I used ... go figure !

Ben

Funnily enough ... and for reasons I cant explain .... the AX8 actually was the most-fun and kind of the most satisfying one I used ... go figure !
Same. It was my first experience with a “real” modeler. Every unit since has been kind of incremental for me.

Similar story here: I saw that interview at HugeRacksInc, and I found one review that was too good to be true. I thought it may had been written by a friend of the manufacturer :D At that time there was no other info available. So, to get first hand info from real owners, I decided to create the Axe-FX Forum on setbb. Very soon it became popular amongst the first users. Cliff also joined the cult. Without hesitation I sent money to a friend that I made at the forum to ship me one unit from the US to Spain. That was the fist Axe-FX in Europe. And the rest is history

Axe-FX __ View Forum - Axe-FX General Discussion.png

Good ol'times!

season 4 grandpa simpson GIF

In 2018 setbb closed the doors without any warning, and the forum contents vanished :cry:. Then the official forum was born

Last edited:
My first post at the official Fractal forum:

FM3 gets the large fonts display; OD-1, compressor and noise gate improvements:

Back