Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

I don't plan to tilt mine, but now I'm kind of curious to test that. My first one was noisier but the rack stand I had was very slightly tilted back.

The tone can leak out by tilting it, so be careful.

Back when I was working in a music store in high school a guy came in with his girlfriend whom he was clearly trying to impress with his knowledge of guitars/gear. He delivered such wisdom as “See those two dots on the neck? That means it’s stereo…..man, they have a LOT of stereo guitars here” (12th fret) and my favorite, “They shouldn’t have that bass amp on it’s side like that, the voltage is going to leak out” :rofl

For the record the Axe-Fx 3 does not seem to like tilted position, mainly because of the fan. For me it starts making more noise if it's not either flat horizontally or set up vertically. Same happens with an aftermarket Noctua I put in mine. It will work just fine, just be more noisy.
I wouldn't say that the FX3 doesn't like it, it's the fan that has a problem with it. But it's odd; The orientation doesn't seem like it'd matter, because, once the fan is spinning, it's going to want to continue spinning at the same angle, somewhat like a bicycle wheel does.

Of course, my FX3 sits flat and there's no real good way to use it at any other angle from my desk so I'm not inclined to experiment.

See those two dots on the neck? That means it’s stereo
Yeah my shit’s in Dolby Atmos

IMG_2730.jpeg

You guys Noticed not much about new Cabs on unnamed place ? As I recall when Helix had their 3.5 there was a lot to say
maybe i missed something over at the unnamed place :idk
mind you i barley go there

I wouldn't say that the FX3 doesn't like it, it's the fan that has a problem with it. But it's odd; The orientation doesn't seem like it'd matter, because, once the fan is spinning, it's going to want to continue spinning at the same angle, somewhat like a bicycle wheel does.

Of course, my FX3 sits flat and there's no real good way to use it at any other angle from my desk so I'm not inclined to experiment.
I promise I'm not an asshole. Its just my brain.

Back