Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

Official FM9 4.01 FW dropped yesterday including the clipping indicator.

I checked with my Tele with DiMarzio 36th Ann. pups, and it was fine where I had it at 50%. Started to get the clipping light around 65%.
Yeah I really think something is up with the MKII line. Or maybe it's input is different. I'm not going to try and speculate but almost everyone having to lower it drastically has a MKII. A very small sample size but still

Hmmm. I've not loaded the new firmware yet, but this could get verrry interesting. I've got low output vintage-style single coil A2 pickups; so I usually have the converter input dialled up to 100% and I still don't tickle the red :D

I could be about to get a nasty surprise!

Back in a bit...

Last edited:
Cliff said you can set it at 0% and it won’t negatively effect anything.
From the manual

"Remember that, except at very low settings (5% or less), input level adjustments do not affect gain levels or what
you hear"

I recall reading below 5 does start to influence the gain. So yes what I'm hearing may not be anything but it was clipping bad if the new warning is to be believed prior

Hmmm. I've not loaded the new firmware yet, but this could get verrry interesting. I've got low output vintage-style A2 pickups, so I usually have the convter input dialled up to 100% and I still don't tickle the red :D

I could be about to get a nasty surprise!

Back in a bit...
If it doesn't tickle the red then doesn't clip either. The red led turns on at -6 dBFS, the clip warning at -0.5.
Btw, it's the same with my strat with kinman impersonators, no red tickling even at 100%, while my PAF loaded tele needs to get below 20% to avoid it.

If it doesn't tickle the red then doesn't clip either.

Thanks for confirming! Yeah, that's been my understanding for a long time, but I do sometimes wonder if I might be doing it wrong - especially after reading people's experiences with the new clipping warning over on the FAS forum (at seemingly low input level percentages).

It's nice to not feel so alone here now I know you've got low output pickups too - it's seems that most TGF members have EMG super high output humbuckers that will pimp-slap you, as soon as look at you 🙃

Last edited:
I was goin'off tnis-

Screen Shot 2023-04-09 at 12.48.00 AM.png

So always as before take your hottest pickups strum really hard adjust to tickle red and then forget ?

Back