Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

Season 10 Finale GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

I've run the gamut starting with the Ultra, then the II, FX8, III, FM3, FC-12, and finally the FM9.

I still have the Ultra, FX8, III and FC-12 but of them all the one that really works best for me is the FM9. It's really all I use now.

It's Firmware 4.01 Friday for FM9 owners, yay!

The clipping indicator is a nice addition. Really helps to find the optimal setting (12,5% for my EMG bridge pickups) for the input sensitivity. (y)

Last edited:
Interesting that with my Les Paul that has Duncan Distortions in it, I need to roll back to 9% on the input 1 knob.

No don't think so. Maybe I should. But it seems like I was clipping all along, even though previous advice was to tickle the red LEDs on the input.

Me, too. Although I haven't updated to the latest firmware and checked with the clipping indicator, when others were talking about it I significantly reduced mine from 50 to 25, just to try a lower setting, and decided to keep it there. I do think my “tickling the red” was too hot (this is with Bare Knuckle Black Dogs in my LP).

No don't think so. Maybe I should. But it seems like I was clipping all along, even though previous advice was to tickle the red LEDs on the input.
The pad compensates for the lower level, so no real reason not to (although I'm not sure if the clip light behaviour is close to clipping or actually clipping).

That said I use another DI box anyway

Interesting that with my Les Paul that has Duncan Distortions in it, I need to roll back to 9% on the input 1 knob.

That is interesting; mine’s at 39% but EMG 81’s/SA’s, Dimarzio Evolutions and a Suhr Aldrich weren’t setting it off. Once I moved it up above 40% it would trigger it.

That is interesting; mine’s at 39% but EMG 81’s/SA’s, Dimarzio Evolutions and a Suhr Aldrich weren’t setting it off. Once I moved it up above 40% it would trigger it.
@Orvillain @DrewJD82 do you all have the MKII, MKI, Turbo? There seemed to be a potential for a difference depending on the unit. I have to set my turbo to about 9 percent as well with BKP Aftermaths

Back