Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

I’m really enjoying the “renaissance” that the JVM seems to be having in the last year or so. Maybe it’s just me but it seems to be popping up more and more now.
When the amp launched there were a lot of old school Marshall fanbois didn't like the concept - too many knobs, too many modes, not "traditional" enough. They did the same thing with the JCM800 and JCM900 and DSL and TSL - although in the TSL's case, they were correct!

The Marshall JVM is one of the most fantastic amps ever made; whether it is the original or Satriani model, whether it is a modelled or real tube amp... it just absolutely slays.

As discussed; had to raise my Recto master volume up a bit to match previous levels before.

I did import the Chris Whoever dude's GOT preset and got a great JVM amp block out of it.
as a PSA if you go to his webpage and sign up for his news letter , he is going to email a full JVM preset he made with all the channel as well as his Dyna cabs library where he has tweaked every one of the current Dyna cabs and saved his defaults , that's a pretty sweet deal, a pro engineer producer that spends all day mic'ing and recording cabs and you can get his setting in your Axe

as a PSA if you go to his webpage and sign up for his news letter , he is going to email a full JVM preset he made with all the channel as well as his Dyna cabs library where he has tweaked every one of the current Dyna cabs and saved his defaults , that's a pretty sweet deal, a pro engineer producer that spends all day mic'ing and recording cabs and you can get his setting in your Axe
Done. Thanks! I'll take those dynacabs :chef

Well, to be fair, Randy and Doug are fucking stoned much of the time.
IMG_0511.gif

When the amp launched there were a lot of old school Marshall fanbois didn't like the concept - too many knobs, too many modes, not "traditional" enough. They did the same thing with the JCM800 and JCM900 and DSL and TSL - although in the TSL's case, they were correct!

The Marshall JVM is one of the most fantastic amps ever made; whether it is the original or Satriani model, whether it is a modelled or real tube amp... it just absolutely slays.
Absolutely. The only thing that keeps me from owning a JVM410H again is the insane amount of hiss on the OD channels. It‘s by far the noisiest amp I ever witnessed.

Axe-fx III firmware 24.00

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p00.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.

Changed Master Volume taper for Recto1 models to agree with actual amp. This will slightly reduce the volume into the virtual power amp. Audition presets accordingly.

Added Global MV control to JS410 amp models. Master Volume has been renamed Channel MV. These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent.

Added USA MK V Red amp models.

Improved accuracy of USA JP IIC+ models.

Improved accuracy of TX Star models. Global MV controls have been added as the Channel MV in these amps affect the tone (and interacts with the Presence control).

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block:

• In Hold mode repeats are now infinite (or nearly, may degrade over many minutes/hours)*.
  • Added Stack Feedback and Hold Feedback parameters. This allows adjusting the decay time independently for the stack and hold modes.
  • Improved transition between Stack/Hold states.
*Note that if the Compander is enabled and/or Bit Reduction is greater than zero that the echoes will degrade over time. If you want infinite repeats then Compander must be OFF and Bit Reduction set to zero. Infinite repeats are also not available in the Tape types as the tape algorithm is inherently lossy (like a real tape).

Improved handling of external word clock. If no clock is present unit will fall back to internal clock until a clock is detected.

Extended range of Preset Increment/Decrement sources to include rear pedal jacks.

Fixed attack behavior of Dynamicomp model to strong input signals. Default attack time also adjusted to match reference pedal.

Fixed wrong PI bias point in Class-A 30W models.

Fixed several mistakes in Div/13 CJ amp models.

Fixed several mistakes in Two Stone J35 models.

Fixed wrong phase inverter bias excursion parameters in Car Ambler model.

Fixed VU meter in Cabinet block Preamp section only showing left channel. Meter now shows the sum of left and right.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Last edited:
Axe-fx III firmware 24.00

Quick beta!

Back