Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

This seems interesting

Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.

:stirthepot :guiness:banana
Maybe he moved the SIC in to the cab block where it belongs...

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I'm always more interested in amp and cab improvements over adding more amps, OD, and Effects

:idk
Yeah improvements over additional models for me as well

I know Cliff improved the drive section but the fuzz models are still not there yet. But no digital fuzz has ever been there imo.

To me that would be killer to improve

I know Cliff improved the drive section but the fuzz models are still not there yet. But no digital fuzz has ever been there imo.

I would imagine, ive yet to need to use a fuzz yet, but never know when it might be required

:idk

Really? That's a shame. I've been enjoying the FAS Fuzz Face, but I don't have a real one here to compare.

Could you describe what's missing in your opinion?

Really? That's a shame. I've been enjoying the FAS Fuzz Face, but I don't have a real one here to compare.

Could you describe what's missing in your opinion?
For me, I like a nice thick fuzz 😶

The models in the Axe Fx, and other devices just don't have that wall of sound fullness to them. Also, just the chaotic reactiveness of the pedal seems to be missing and I haven't quite figured out how to do a gated fuzz either

I agree. I believe that I read a comment on the FAS forum from Cliff stating that the complex interactions between the a fuzz pedal and a guitar are not possible to get completely right currently due to hardware limitations. Simply changing the input impedance to another fixed value on the axe-fx is a low level approximation.

My memory may be wrong in that, so perhaps Cliff will comment on the subject.

Back