Fractal Audio Firmware Update Thread

It's interesting how much there's "well we had some parts and we figured out how to make them work" in the tube amp world vs hard science to measure stuff and make an optimal solution. It's part tech, part art where some makers earn a reputation because they stumble upon a good sounding solution.

I'm not surprised most tube amps out there are all variations of the same designs.
Are they not all based on the original RCA and Westinghouse designs?
@FractalAudio would know

very happy with this direction of adding channel and master volumes to appropriate amps. It was something minor, but still important I was hoping to see added so it’s great to see it’s possible and I fully trust Cliff to know which circuits will benefit most from having both controls available. The familiarity and association with real amps alone makes it worth it

The Mark series graphic EQ sucks. I know some people want authenticity but it's simply a bad design.

Here's a graph of the response vs. slider position:

View attachment 15853

Over 80% of the slider's range you only get about +/- 2dB of variation. Then there's 8dB of variation in the last 10% on each end. Stupid.

I just realized I am looking at a ready-to-go model of an authentic Mark EQ, Cliff already modeled it....
Now that we have all the Mark models of the world, it's the only missing piece.
Hurry Up Waiting GIF by Pudgy Penguins

As discussed; had to raise my Recto master volume up a bit to match previous levels before.

I did import the Chris Whoever dude's GOT preset and got a great JVM amp block out of it.

Back