Burgers

I was mildly hungover yesterday and despite having a fridge full of awesome Dominican food, I really wanted a burger, specifically Chili’s Burger Bites, which aided me in many hangovers in my 20’s when I worked there. I ordered a Triple Dipper and pigged out on the damn thing by myself.

I've had 5 guys 6 times in the last 10 days

:bag

toilet GIF

We’ve become slider fans at my house, so we can mix & match different toppings and condiments. Its slowly becoming our favorite dinner choice every week.

Similar here. Can't pack away the food like I once could either---so the smaller portion size helps
with the digestive process. :chef

My days of Dooubles and Triples are done, done, done. @spawnofthesith can pick up those extra calories for me. :LOL:

The ultimate food of life. Some people get real tribalistic and aggressive about burgers. not me. I love them all. Home ground, in n out, 5 guys, wendys, the local dive bar, burger king, shake shack, $18 bougie burger with no sides, mcdonalds, I'll take it all.

The ultimate food :love :love :love :love

What are your favorite burgers? Let's talk about how much we love burgers

Thick 80/20, medium rare on a charcoal grill. Topped with mild Vermont cheddar, sautéed Spanish onion and hot green chilies.

We may need to change this place to The Gear, Hamburger, and Pickle Forum?

Sir, I wish to draw your attention to an older related post. Perhaps we can still do this?

EDIT: Oh, you were on that thread, actually. I suppose I should not have been surprised!

Sir, I wish to draw your attention to an older related post. Perhaps we can still do this?

EDIT: Oh, you were on that thread, actually. I suppose I should not have been surprised!
Gosh, i missed that!:roflBrilliant.
Well I had just joined around then so was kinda slow taking everything in.

I don't care for that either but have grown accustomed to the flavor of the leftover juice they leave after I remove them from my restaurant burgers so now I dribble a little pickle brine on my buns (get your minds out of the gutter! :rofl) when I make burgers.

Yes this is appropriate

Hannibal burres has a bit about exactly this. I didn’t check this video but hopefully this is it lol

Yes this is appropriate

Hannibal burres has a bit about exactly this. I didn’t check this video but hopefully this is it lol

HB is awesome and he's totally right about the pickle juice.

PSA, if you make your own "5 minute pickles" with apple cider vinegar they are an AMAZING cure for heartburn. Not sure why but one spear (I make spears because they absorb the flavor quicker) will cure the worst heartburn. I've been dealing with almost daily heartburn for around 30 years and them shits work! Besides that they're natural.

Tonights dinner currently digesting.

IMG_20230822_005532742~2.jpg

Tried @Achilles fry recipe. The display on my deep fryer is messed up and hard to read. Due to that I think they didn't come out right because they weren't as fluffy and crispy as when I boil them before frying. I'll definitely give them a go a few more times before final judgement though.

Burger is simple when I use a toasted pretzel bun. Bottom bun with raw onions, either rings or diced. I prefer rings. Lettuce on top of that. Then the third pound grilled burger and American cheese. 7 to 11 finger flicks of pickle juice ala Hannibal Buress on the toasted top bun. No condiments. :chef

Oh, can't forget the Pepsi with real sugar watered down just like the restaurants do. Lol

Pickle juice is just brine that can be reused. Use it in marinades. Cut up some veggies and throw them
in there and you have Giardiniera.

You can even pour it in a saucepan and cook it down, or heat it up and then pour it over some sliced
Red Onions. :chef

Just don't pour it down the sink.... lest ye offend the Pickling Gods. :hmm

Back