Burgers

spawnofthesith

Rock Star
The ultimate food of life. Some people get real tribalistic and aggressive about burgers. not me. I love them all. Home ground, in n out, 5 guys, wendys, the local dive bar, burger king, shake shack, $18 bougie burger with no sides, mcdonalds, I'll take it all.

The ultimate food :love :love :love :love

What are your favorite burgers? Let's talk about how much we love burgers

Man, I almost started this thread on Sunday. Was going to post a picture of my freshly grilled burger on a pretzel bun. I love those things. Grill the bun then add onions, cheese, burger, cheese, and top bun. That's it, no condiments and delicious!

Probably going to get some sourdough and make patty melts soon. :chef

My tips:
  • Pickled jalapenos. They go with any burger.
  • A good chunk of grilled halloumi is a great alternative for the beef patty.
  • A beef patty should be tossed in soy sauce + spices before grilling. I usually just use some black pepper, a bit of chili flakes etc. This spreads the saltiness of the soy sauce and spices perfectly into it.
My usual beef burger:
  1. Top bun.
  2. Mustard and ketchup.
  3. (optional) Avocado. Damn us millenials!
  4. Cheddar melted on top of the beef after flipping it.
  5. Beef patty.
  6. Slice or two of tomato.
  7. A bit of some sauce. I like gomadare but my spouse prefers a chili mayonaise.
  8. Pickled jalapenos.
  9. Pickled cucumber.
  10. Lettuce.
  11. Bottom bun.

Halloumi burger:

1. Top bun.
  2. (optional) A bit of sriracha.
  3. Slice of grilled halloumi.
  4. Cherry tomatoes cut in halves.
  5. Pickled jalapenos or chili jam.
  6. Lettuce.
  7. Bottom Bun.

Halloumi burger can be simpler because halloumi is quite salty so adding a bit of heat and leaving other salty elements out works. Cherry tomatoes are a bit sweeter so they balance it.

I need to take pics next time I make burgers.

Last edited:
I really like an over-medium fried egg on a burger.
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I so want to live your life! 🤤

It was fun, though. :beer

Listened to 2 Pink Floyd albums in their entirety, ingested an edible something or other, drank 2 beers,
tried playing some of the Gilmour licks from those 2 albums (Saucerful Of Secrets and Animals), wondered
why Gilmour hates Waters so much when he is still singing lyrics Waters wrote, and melodies Roger came
up with. Hmmm..... Is that irony, incongruousness, or something worse?? :LOL:

But yeah, put your diced onion in the pan first and then put a patty on top and don't worry about a sear,
go low and slow so that patty soaks/braises in all of that fatty-oniony goodness.... then place Slider Buns
on top of patties to steam. Pull buns, put mustard and dill pickle slices on buns, then patties and some of
that onion from the bottom of the pan. Enjoy! :beer

Back