Used the Stomp as my main rig at practice last night

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
For the first time in who knows how long; I used my Stomp for my guitar tones at practice last night. Started trying to get the Friedman to cooperate and it was not playing nice. Ended up using my Recto Favorite with the standard JT Industries IR and it was fantastic. That amp model gets a lot of flack but I gotta say; I love it. I played through the Mustang and liked it better than the Quilter through the F12s :bag BL still has it beat, obviously. But you can always bet on Mustang :guiness

I think my uncle is using his Mustang the same way you are, but he’s got a Mooer GT1000 (I think?) in front of it. Are you just using it for monitoring?

Reactions: JT
Yep. It is a low budget turd (and no longer pole mounted :bag ) but it punches way above it's weight for the intended purpose.

For the first time in who knows how long; I used my Stomp for my guitar tones at practice last night. Started trying to get the Friedman to cooperate and it was not playing nice. Ended up using my Recto Favorite with the standard JT Industries IR and it was fantastic. That amp model gets a lot of flack but I gotta say; I love it. I played through the Mustang and liked it better than the Quilter through the F12s :bag BL still has it beat, obviously. But you can always bet on Mustang :guiness
I recall this tip from user Rufless in that other forum that shall not be mentioned:

I just use the settings the BE100 manual suggests as "starting point": Gain at 8, Bass 10, Mid 6, Treble 5, Presence 5. I don't care enough to dial around more. It just works. But I have to turn off C45. With it engaged it gets a bit too much fizz for me bc my guitars have rather bright, edgy humbuckers

I started using this as a starting point, but for me I always turn off HBE and use boosts instead with the Placater Dirty on the Hx devices. I get very usable tones albeit not as good as a BE OD pedal for example. Backup in a pinch.

(Oh, and I do enable C45 with Les Pauls)

I recall this tip from user Rufless in that other forum that shall not be mentioned:

I just use the settings the BE100 manual suggests as "starting point": Gain at 8, Bass 10, Mid 6, Treble 5, Presence 5. I don't care enough to dial around more. It just works. But I have to turn off C45. With it engaged it gets a bit too much fizz for me bc my guitars have rather bright, edgy humbuckers

I started using this as a starting point, but for me I always turn off HBE and use boosts instead with the Placater Dirty on the Hx devices. I get very usable tones albeit not as good as a BE OD pedal for example. Backup in a pinch.

(Oh, and I do enable C45 with Les Pauls)
I've had good luck with it in the past and run similarish settings. It was a boiled milk emergency at the time and I knew the Recto would take up the slack :satan

FSOT: Mesa Badlander

Trade interests: Helix rack
jake-peralta-smile.gif

I have yet to mess with the Recto yet but with a tube screamer as a boost and the gain lower I have the Friedman where I'm pretty happy with it.

I have yet to mess with the Recto yet but with a tube screamer as a boost and the gain lower I have the Friedman where I'm pretty happy with it.
I need to sort reset my Friedman experience with the HX. Definitely a case of great one day, not so great the next. Recto has always been consistently enjoyable for me in HX land.

I have been getting great sounds out of the Mark IV Lead on the Stomp, using a real Lone Star 2x12 (open back, C90s), and my Katana 100 head as a power amp. (Much better than I expected, given the stuff you read about L6 modelling and “Katana sauce.”)

The Rockerverb 50 also sounds really good.

I need to sort reset my Friedman experience with the HX. Definitely a case of great one day, not so great the next. Recto has always been consistently enjoyable for me in HX land.
The other thing that doesn’t make sense to me is it seems to sound better with the HX volume knob maxed going into my monitor. I didn’t dig it until I started doing that.

I used the Cali Rectifire to the return of my MKII 2x12 SpiderValve Saturday night at a gig and it didn't disappoint. Couple very minor tweaks to the gain after the 1st set and I was golden the rest of the night.

I used the Cali Rectifire to the return of my MKII 2x12 SpiderValve Saturday night at a gig and it didn't disappoint. Couple very minor tweaks to the gain after the 1st set and I was golden the rest of the night.
Round 2 of practice this evening :satan We have a fill in drummer who I was initially concerned about having enough time to get worked in but he showed up and was golden. The HX Recto turned out the same way.

Round 2 of practice this evening :satan We have a fill in drummer who I was initially concerned about having enough time to get worked in but he showed up and was golden. The HX Recto turned out the same way.
I have practice tomorrow I’m gonna give it a whirl. Are you setting it like the real amp with the bass almost off and the mids cranked?

Back