Used An Headrush At Rehearsal Last Night

la szum

Goatlord
Yesterday was one of those fun days where everything you touch turns to :poop: .

Usually have band practice every Thursday from 5-9ish. Work. Work truck breaks
down on way home. Finally get home. Go to start car. Battery is dead. Gets dark
early, so I put an headlamp on and hook up the Charger. By this time it is already
6PM and I am late. After a quick charge car still won't start. Get neighbor to give
me a jump. Get the car going. Take off battery cables. Car stalls. Bah! Jump again,
and leave the cables on for a bit as the car runs. Couple of minutes and car is still
running when we take off the cables. Load gear into car (FM3, some cables, 2 guitars).

Finally get to our rehearsal space at 6:30. Band is all playing. Couple of friends
hanging out. Hook everything up and go to play and my sound is cutting in and out.
Power down amp that I leave there, reboot FM3, turn amp back on. Still doing it. Bah!

So I pull the cable out of the FX Return that comes from the FM3 and plug it into a
1-12Headrush I am using as a Keyboard Amp. It has 2 inputs, so I plug the FM3 into the
other input, and used it for the rest of the night.

I may go dark side and go "FRFR" for awhile. :crazy

:idk

Been using a 4 x EL34 Tube Amp as power into a 2 x 12 Guitar Cab. Have loved it. :chef

But tubes! They go bad. And we have that whole cold rehearsal space that we heat
once or twice a week thing to deal with. Kind of considering the possibility that it
may be wiser to just go Solid-State "FRFR" for a bit, and see what I can coax out of it,
with that added caveat that it could be more reliable this winter. So long as I don't
touch it..... cuz, ya know. :poop:

Murphy and his law FTW.
A powered wedge is a nice tool to have around. Aim a little higher than Headrush if you can.

Next time it'll be a cable :nails

Nothing Wrong with the Headrush "FRFR"
its just me and my damned fussy ear and brain
and the endless what if ??

:stirthepot

"Flattening the headrush"
Animated GIF

In all seriousness; I would be interested to try an HR of some sort in person. I liked the 11R tones when I had it. I bet it would do just fine in a band setting.

I hear them all the time and honestly I hate them. They need a totally different EQ than FOH and it is radically different in every room. and you never get to turn off the parameter called "thin." They turn every model in to a PV Bandit.:ROFLMAO:

The Headrush "FRFR" is definitely serviceable for band practice.

Reminds me of a jam where the other guitarist was so proud of his new dual "2000W" Headrush "FRFR" setup. I was polite and didn't tell him what I've actually heard about them. If anything, we ran all vocals through them and they did a better job than his previous studio monitors. Definitely serviceable for band practice or a jam.

The Headrush "FRFR" is definitely serviceable for band practice.

Reminds me of a jam where the other guitarist was so proud of his new dual "2000W" Headrush "FRFR" setup. I was polite and didn't tell him what I've actually heard about them. If anything, we ran all vocals through them and they did a better job than his previous studio monitors. Definitely serviceable for band practice or a jam.

Yup. Our rehearsal space is not heated (live in the North) when we are not there---and I don't
haul gear back and forth (apart from guitars and a Fractal), so I tend to only take and leave gear
there that if it takes a crap I can say, "Well, it was not my best gear." ;)

I love my HR 108s. I had 2 for stereo. The 112 was too boomy for me. The 108 was just right. Flat as what an "FRFR" should be.

I have a Headrush Gigboard too.

Back