Giving 'em the C rig tonight

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So the spot we are playing tonight is tight. With not a lot of room for load out at the end of the night where people inexplicably stand by the door as you are walking in and out with gear
:wat:hmm:cuss:rofl

I know the answer to this. But still going to see how the Stomp/GR55 into Mustang FX return compares to the almost a year of playing with the Boogie. Specifically; looking for how well I end up sitting in the mix and blending with the other guitarist running his analog rig. Not a slippery slope thread but an experiment if you will :unsure:

Using the HX Recto model with Klon clone pedal in front of the Stomp and my York Bogner IR. We'll see how it goes :nails As far as Blackstar St James GAS goes; this situation is 100% why that is on my mind.

Make It So Star Trek GIF

I tried an experiment using the Blackstar amped 3. Needless to say, I could not be heard during rehearsal at all. It may be fine for some folks but for me it was just not there.

That ended that and back it went. I just found the unit to be so inconsistent with how the controls functioned. It was almost like there was a delay when you would turn the knobs and it wasn't the usual response you got from the unit that you would expect. It was simple enough to use but the oomph just wasn't there.

I tried an experiment using the Blackstar amped 3. Needless to say, I could not be heard during rehearsal at all. It may be fine for some folks but for me it was just not there.

That ended that and back it went. I just found the unit to be so inconsistent with how the controls functioned. It was almost like there was a delay when you would turn the knobs and it wasn't the usual response you got from the unit that you would expect. It was simple enough to use but the oomph just wasn't there.
I'm glad I passed on one of those, was so close to pulling the trigger. The HX is more my speed.

FIrst song in; amp started sounding like a helicopter. At first; I didn't know what was up. Swapped gk cables thinking it was bad. No dice.

I pulled the dirt pedal out of the chain as it was an Amazon cheapie and I thought there was a bad jack. No dice.

Then I remembered the last time this happened it was the Stomp being underpowered. So my new Fender pedal power that's worked at a gig the week before, at home without any problem and multiple practices suddenly was being temperamental and not giving out enough juice?
:facepalm

Ended up pulling out the stock power supply which is such a goddamn absolute honking turd. Only power strip by me had PA pieces plugged into it. The available jacks were right by the strip's power switch and the 13" plug barely fit without turning it off.
:wat

Sound wise; it was fine
:farley
The Mustang GT will be as far as I go in SS combo land. It's certainly loud enough and I could hear myself. Compared to either Boogie....well, um...it sounded like "less crispy because of the YA IR but still sizzly" shit.
:poop:

Time for a better C rig
:cop

FIrst song in; amp started sounding like a helicopter. At first; I didn't know what was up. Swapped gk cables thinking it was bad. No dice.

I pulled the dirt pedal out of the chain as it was an Amazon cheapie and I thought there was a bad jack. No dice.

Then I remembered the last time this happened it was the Stomp being underpowered. So my new Fender pedal power that's worked at a gig the week before, at home without any problem and multiple practices suddenly was being temperamental and not giving out enough juice?
:facepalm

Ended up pulling out the stock power supply which is such a goddamn absolute honking turd. Only power strip by me had PA pieces plugged into it. The available jacks were right by the strip's power switch and the 13" plug barely fit without turning it off.
:wat

Sound wise; it was fine
:farley
The Mustang GT will be as far as I go in SS combo land. It's certainly loud enough and I could hear myself. Compared to either Boogie....well, um...it sounded like "less crispy because of the YA IR but still sizzly" s**t.
:poop:

Time for a better C rig
:cop
Put one of these in front of that Fender…debating about putting this beauty on reverb with some of my other pedals…

IMG_0127.jpeg

Back