Got a free guitar last night.

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So gigged one of our best spots last night. Great time; place was packed. On break; a guy from back in the day sat me down and said he wanted to gift me a guitar. Mind blown. I told him are you sure you aren't gonna play it, sure your kids don't want it, sure you don't want to sell and get some $ out of it? NO. I'm like ok; what is it? He brings it in:

Waba0VN.jpg

Couldn't have picked a finish I would have picked any better :rofl

Ibanez RG350m. Plays nice. Haven't played it through my rig yet. Will be my first Floyd in a while. I wasn't sure about the RG thing as last one I played had the widest, flatest neck ever. This one according to the Ibanez wiki has the same Wizard II as my Ibby V? It feels very similar. Certainly a nice Christmas bonus if nothing else :guiness

Whoa! And it matches your Strat!!

Congrats, man! That’s awesome!!

The first thing I’d probably do is order a Gotoh 1996t for that, but I have a strong distaste for the Lo-TRS trem, so YMMV. The Gotoh will drop right in. Too cool through, man! I’m hearing divebombing trumpets!

Whoa! And it matches your Strat!!

Congrats, man! That’s awesome!!

The first thing I’d probably do is order a Gotoh 1996t for that, but I have a strong distaste for the Lo-TRS trem, so YMMV. The Gotoh will drop right in. Too cool through, man! I’m hearing divebombing trumpets!
Yeah the strat match is nuts! I was going to PM you last night on it but I was beat. When I first saw it; I searched and got results for the Yellow Genesis and I was like holy shit! I am going to crank it up through the Boogie and see how I like the pickups and go from there. Not sure if there is room for a GK pickup between the bridge pu and the Floyd. We'll see. I have wanted a Floyd'd guitar for a long while. I told my drummer I would plan on hearing "the most inappropriate for the song be played" barrage of divebombing to start once I start bringing it to gigs :rofl :satan

Wow - that is awesome! You must be doing something right up there on stage, LOL! And yes - perfect color for you.

I like those RG Ibbys - I’m not a huge fan of the various wizard necks but I would love to have one in the collection (especially if it was free). Nice score!

So plugged it in through my GT100 :sofa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯:satan

Tones are nice and spanky. It needs a new volume pot and a good setup. Closer look at the floyd reveals that a couple of the saddles are having over the pickguard which obviously impedes whammy bar usage. Gonna take it down to my setup guy and have him give it proper once over.

The whammy bar is going to be a very dangerous thing for me :knit:cop:chef

So plugged it in through my GT100 :sofa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯:satan

Tones are nice and spanky. It needs a new volume pot and a good setup. Closer look at the floyd reveals that a couple of the saddles are having over the pickguard which obviously impedes whammy bar usage. Gonna take it down to my setup guy and have him give it proper once over.

The whammy bar is going to be a very dangerous thing for me :knit:cop:chef

Divebombs fit in EVERYWHERE, despite what ANYONE else tells you; intro into the verse? Divebomb into it. Verse into the pre-chorus? Dimebag-dump the bar while hitting a natural harmonic then getcha pull-up!!!

Back