Used Headrush MX5 last night direct. Total disaster.

Bob Zaod

Rock Star
Still can't figure out WTF happened but I decided to just bring the MX5 and go direct with it. When it worked it sounded great. Unfortunately kept fading in and out. Only thing I can think of was the power was dirty/low at the venue. I swapped out my EMG's battery, swapped out my wireless for a known good cable, swapped out the cable to the mixer, tried different channels on the mixer , rebooted the MX5 several times and NOTHING fixed it. Dealt with it from downbeat til the last note struck. Was totally random too. I'd get through a whole song without problem then it'd do it 4 or 5 times on the next one or once or twice a song etc etc.. random.

I think the power out here is bad. I used digital gear long before I got out here and never had the issues I have here with my digital stuff. It's not at every venue but so far at least 3 where I've had random issues with digital stuff like my mixer and my floor modeler of choice for the night. My Helix LT has gone bonkers too out here at a gig.

So I am buying a voltage regulator/surge protector on the way to the gig tonight because we are having to use their genny and I have no idea if it's a True Sine genny. Also not bringing any digital guitar gear tonight. That means 3 songs wiped off the list but only doing 2 sets tonight so, NHNF.

I think the power out here is bad. I used digital gear long before I got out here and never had the issues I have here with my digital stuff. It's not at every venue but so far at least 3 where I've had random issues with digital stuff like my mixer and my floor modeler of choice for the night. My Helix LT has gone bonkers too out here at a gig.

I just visited your local power station and I've managed to capture video of the problem.

Hamster GIF by TikTok

Back