Tonex, ended up sucking for me.

riffy

Roadie
TGF Recording Artist
I sold my tonex pedal today. It ended up sucking for me. IK support, was worthless for me. No answers back for a software problem I was having. I had sought to update to the newest version. The software reverted to the CS version from the Max version.

No matter what I did, I could not get Max back. After 4 days of no support answers, I sold the unit. Piss poor service.

GIF by The Jerry Springer Show

still have my tonex software but let go of the pedal. If they come out with an all-in-one effects unit with proper effects loop and xlr outs then I'd be interested. I think the tonex software sounds great and it's very accurate. Not a fan of their support model but that seems to be the way the world is going unfortunately. all web service is awful. I still have the axe i/o and arc studio and no qualms with those.

I use the Tonex pedal simply as an amp block. You connect the USB cable, load the model, remove the USB cable and play. Why do people have such a hard time using this simple device. :idk
Yep. For those that use pedal boards, it's very effective.

What are the pedal alternatives to this thing right now? Anything small? Seems like there was some sort of Mooer thing, and I thought maybe NAM was on a pedal now?

I was using it as a pedal board only unit. Did three gigs with it that way as my amp. It worked perfectly. Had one overdrive in front, and one delay behind it. I put it into a DI box and direct to board. It sounded great. I had a monitor in front of me with only my guitar, and the vocals, much lower than my guitar. Perfect.

The problem was, when I went to update the software, it changed me from Max back to Tonex CS. The amps I use, were deleted from the pedal, as well as in the software itself.

I got absolutely no help from support. I still have not even received a reply at all. That was the problem I had. Yes it was a pain in the butt sometimes with the software alone, but I was willing to put up with that for the sounds I was getting. When I lost those sounds, it was useless to me.

Back