Tonex and Audio Interface

digiman57

I wondered what an actual Tonex software capture will look like as far as connecting the Interface to the Tonex software? I am considering buying the Tonex pedal, but my interface is an Avid Native setup, which means I have to send stereo channel out to my input of a cheap Evo4 2 ch interface...my Grace monitor controller allows that, while also splitting the signal to my monitors. Software on my Mac will not see my Avid interface, since the connection is a DIGI connection and proprietary. I use the feed from the Avid interface to the EVO4, then feed the output of the Evo4 back to the Mac...then OBS, Audicity, etc., can see audio from my Pro Tools session. I am guessing the Tonex software will need to see and interface and be able to output 2 channels to monitors and an extra ch out to the amp or reamp box then amp?
If this is the case, I would need to buy an interface that interacts with Tonex and has enough outputs for the monitors plus the output to the amp, correct.
So far, I haven't seen any serious details about setting up Tonex in the software with an interface, and also how the outputs and inputs are utilized?
Does this sound like I need an extra Interface with 4 outs and a couple inputs, to work with a capture in the Tonex software.
Sorry if this is a little confusing. Curious if anyone has used the Tonex software with Pro Tools HDX or Native hardware?
Thanks,
And by the way, I can buy the Evo 8 with 4 outputs if I need to.
Jeff L.

Yea, the pedal is no advantage. I use the librarian tab in the software to load tones into the pedal otherwise the pedal is for times I don’t want the computer to be part of my rig.

I personally would just use the software if you are in the box.
That was the question, since Pro Tools has a proprietary connection to an interface, I send a stereo output to a 2 Ch Evo interface. I was wondering what the software will need to see, as far as my interface and ins and outs for profiling an amp? Thanks

That was the question, since Pro Tools has a proprietary connection to an interface, I send a stereo output to a 2 Ch Evo interface. I was wondering what the software will need to see, as far as my interface and ins and outs for profiling an amp? Thanks
The software to capture is stand alone and can only use one hardware device at a time.

Back