NAD: Mesa Badlander JT Edition

Mongillo19

Rock Star
As some may have seen in JTs FM9 post, I traded my FM9T for JTs 50w rackmount Badlander.

Just got it in this evening and after plenty of unwrapping (JT made it so this thing could be Batista bombed off a balcony) I put it in my rack case and fired it up! Axe Fx 3 is running cab sim and post effects while my analog board is upfront.

First thing about this amp is how quiet it is. Compared to the EVH next to it, it's night and day...you don't even really need a noise gate.

You do have to use a bit of the extremes on the amp (can definitely have gain maxed and have it still sound musical). It takes pedals amazingly well. Again, just super quiet even with a cranked fuzz.

I've only had 30 min to mess around but looking forward to putting it through the paces!

A big thank you to @JiveTurkey for a great trade 😃

Attachments

• PXL_20240307_015748607.jpg
    PXL_20240307_015748607.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 56
T stack upside down is ALWAYS better than T stack from the top down :hmm

I hate T stacks, too. However, in my internal rule sysem, that is superceded by not having a multi-thousand-doller digital unit sitting directly on the floor with heavy things on top of it.

But, we all make our own choices and you made yours. But let my disapproval stand for the record. :rofl

Last edited:
I will miss that "perfectly matches my 112 cab width" factor that the BL head had.

@Mongillo19
Congrats! I have only one question:

View attachment 19619

Back