Mesa Mystery Solved II: It's Not You It's Me Boogaloo

JiveTurkey

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So after another dead dumb easy pair of gigs with the BL over the weekend; came back to the VII to try the Carcosa out a bit as the BL stayed primed for the quick load out for this Friday's round of gigs.

The VII is a great amp. But jesus christ is it NOT an amp you want to play when you are running on negative patience levels. It's easy to dial in. It's not that. It's just for me "oh is the eq engaged, is the fx loop on, is the reverb engaged, what footswitch am I using, what mode am I on, what wattage am I on so channels are balanced?"

Jesusfuckingchristfuckstraightthefuckoff :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss

Badlander is fire it up, kill it with whatever boost and justfuckingripitup. I am currently deciding whether the VII will be a piece I can just be fine with leaving in the corner for whenever I feel like futzing with something a bit deeper or if I just say fuckit and off the damn thing. It is a great amp but the way I roll is already overcomplicated enough without making it worse :rofl

Last edited:
That is why my old JCM800 was my favourite amp I ever had. I love the MKV. Love it. But yeah, that JCM800
had ZERO potential for user error. Plug in. Turn it on. Turn it up. Done! :headbang
It's not even user error. It's just "getthefuckoutofmywaywhenIwantyouto" that it can't do. I want a 2 channel dumbaf MK VII, no eq, on extraneous bullshit with a MKIV and Crunch mode. That is it.

It's not even user error. It's just "getthefuckoutofmywaywhenIwantyouto" that it can't do. I want a 2 channel dumbaf MK VII, no eq, on extraneous bullshit with a MKIV and Crunch mode. That is it.

You want a MKV35. :LOL:

Wasn't implying "user error" on your part----just that with all the added variables you
mentioned shit can go askew rather easily. And more so than on an amp with a simpler
interface.

Last edited:
You want a MKV35. :LOL:

Wasn't implying "user error" on your part----just that with all the added variables you
mentioned s**t can go askew rather easily. And more so than on an amp with a simpler
interface.
With el34s and the 90 watt version
:whistle :grin:rofl

I didn't take user error that way. Even if it might be, in fact; user error :rofl

1687822529445.jpeg

Back