The Badlander is such a rock machine.

Mesa 212 combo = InstaHernia!

Haha, I learned that lesson with the Royal Atlantic 2x12 combo at 91 lbs. Amazing sounding and a Mesa "gateway amp" for me, coming from Marshall, but I would start feeling physical anxiety leading up to when I'd have to move it. :grin I know they have even heavier ones, like the Roadster is 100+ lbs, I think?

Always a head and cab with Mesa (although saying that, if I ever see an Electra Dyne combo I will just have to get it, being the superfan I am. And it seems more manageable at 70 lbs...)

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Haha, I learned that lesson with the Royal Atlantic 2x12 combo at 91 lbs. Amazing sounding and a Mesa "gateway amp" for me, coming from Marshall, but I would start feeling physical anxiety leading up to when I'd have to move it. :grin I know they have even heavier ones, like the Roadster is 100+ lbs, I think?

Always a head and cab with Mesa (although saying that, if I ever see an Electra Dyne combo I will just have to get it, being the superfan I am. And it seems more manageable at 70 lbs...)
That ElectraDyne combo is NUTS. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too heavy :cuss

That ElectraDyne combo is NUTS. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too heavy :cuss
I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

So... if Mesa Boogie can't import stuff into the EU because of regulations on their transformers... surely they can still get stuff into the UK as we are no longer part of the EU and aren't subject to their regulations ... ???

• Hmm
Reactions: JT
So been futzing back and forth between the VII and the Badlander. The Badlander is such a straight up f*****g ROCK machine. You can boost it to absolute hell and it will :satan but man; it's just something special. I don't know if it's the el34s or wtf the mojo is but it's killer \m/

The VII is awesome too. Channel 1 Crunch is a beast and MK IV mode is just ferocious and sizzly and wet af. The embarrassment of amp riches here is just nuts.

For gigging, goldilocks so far would be a Badlander with a switchable internal boost. It's a hair less noisy and just obviously more straight-ahead. They both sound ungodly when cranked way up :love:guiness:satan

I haven't played through the VII yet but I still stand by my opinion that the Badlander is the greatest amp that MB has ever created. Compared to the V 90 I had, it even blew that away.

I haven't played through the VII yet but I still stand by my opinion that the Badlander is the greatest amp that MB has ever created. Compared to the V 90 I had, it even blew that away.
I can't really give it a rating beyond itself. I think some people will plug in and go "ehhhh?" and then read people raving about it and it will make it even more "ehhhhhhhhh?". It just works for me :satan

My Badlander is a lifer amp for me. Just does everything so well and sounds incredible.
I sometimes will run a Horizon Nano attack in the front of it and it sound glorious.

I can relate! It's just that good!

I mean, I would love to get the new Bogner Uber ultra as I love how that beast sounds but I am not buying another full sized head again that weighs over 55lbs. that I have to also take a reactive load with me to play live. No thanks

Everything I need is in this 19" rack mount head!
I love the VII equally though. Amazing sounding amp!

right now...just trying to lighten things up a bit more. Have a pair of Celestion Neo V-types on the way to try in each cab.

My Badlander is a lifer amp for me. Just does everything so well and sounds incredible.
I sometimes will run a Horizon Nano attack in the front of it and it sound glorious.

I can relate! It's just that good!

I mean, I would love to get the new Bogner Uber ultra as I love how that beast sounds but I am not buying another full sized head again that weighs over 55lbs. that I have to also take a reactive load with me to play live. No thanks

Everything I need is in this 19" rack mount head!
I love the VII equally though. Amazing sounding amp!

right now...just trying to lighten things up a bit more. Have a pair of Celestion Neo V-types on the way to try in each cab.

A big part of me never moving away from my Electra Dyne is because I got my hands on the 23", smaller head version. Still 90/45W though. Just a massive amount of power in a pretty reasonable size and weight, all things considered (43 lb). And you have the option of 45W, although I almost never used it, would rather just turn the 90W down.

So yes, I don't think I'll buy another full-size, 50 lb+ head again, either. 40 lbs and Mesa 90W is perfect, for me. Add in that it's my favourite sounding amp ever, and it's just too perfect.

I can't really give it a rating beyond itself. I think some people will plug in and go "ehhhh?" and then read people raving about it and it will make it even more "ehhhhhhhhh?". It just works for me :satan
What others say about guitar gear is great for entertainment and passing the time but it’s really really low in usefulness to me when it comes to whether it will work for what I like. That said the Badlander seems like on paper at least it would definitely be one that would fit me more than the ones with a bazillion switches.

I am betting with some EMGs it would be BRUTAL. My Strat sounds great and if you dig in a bit; downright mean. My Ibby V with DActivators is a bit more naturally evil \m/
So far, it's sounded the most violent with a set of Duncan Distortions in my 1994 RG470. It sounds really good with Duncan Solars, Elysian Trident IIs, Elysian Valkyrie and Fishman Classics, but something about this DD/RG combination has that extra little bit of sonic homicide to it...

Back