Speaking of contrarians. Mk VII owners; can you try something for me? Power tubes problem?

The TA-30 is similarly quirky, in that channel 1 has Master Volume post-FX loop and channel 2 has Master volume pre-FX loop. Meaning, if you're running 4cm on channel 2 and you accidentally pull the Mesa preamp out of the equation, you're (very suddenly) getting the entire power amp blowing your hair back. (In my case, all that's required is for my HX Stomp to run out of battery power. :nails )

If you're dealing with a similar issue, then diming the Master Volumes on the MkVII should (approximately) normalize the preamp outputs across all three channels.
Yeah this relates to the reply I had for Stratzus in one of the other bazillion Boogie threads here about why I am not going 4cm with the FM. The VII (certainly) is toggled/eq'd/loop'd/reverb/mode'd up to the hilt to a point where it's too much for me beyond having a single channel set to face melt through a curated set of speakers with nothing else and no channels getting switched :satan :rofl :satan

Yeah this relates to the reply I had for Stratzus in one of the other bazillion Boogie threads here about why I am not going 4cm with the FM. The VII (certainly) is toggled/eq'd/loop'd/reverb/mode'd up to the hilt to a point where it's too much for me beyond having a single channel set to face melt through a curated set of speakers with nothing else and no channels getting switched :satan :rofl :satan
Yeah, I've come to the same conclusion, even with the relatively simple TA-30. Better to just use the Stomp in the TA's FX loop for post effects. I have a great drive pedal (the Black Country Customs TI Boost) up front and I don't really need much else. (Though I am seeking advice about a good, cheap wah pedal in a separate thread...)

If I do ever want the variety of HX preamps in place of the TA preamp, that will be 4cm in channel 1 only. Putting the MV in radically different places on the two channels of a single amp is a bit batshit IMO. I think Mesa did this in order to accommodate the non-MV push switch (subbing a Vox AC Cut control.) Which, by the way, I find equally batshit. If anything it should be pull for non-MV. (Better still, another toggle switch.) As is, it's way too easy to brush up against that switch and knock half your teeth loose.

Last edited:
Didn't think they could cram much more in after the MKIV.

vY6k24Fh.jpg

Don't care for the ribbon cables in the JP2C. But more MFr's seem to be using them.

YreSSHFh.jpg

I'll post gut shots of my MKV, MKVII, MKI, MKIIC+ if I ever get them uploaded.

Say what you like about Friedman, but his gut shots look way nicer.

No... WAIT. :facepalm

Back