Not a rant. But the Badlander is going to the shop for 6-8 weeks. What should I do "in the meantime"

JT

Goatlord
TGF Recording Artist
So probably a lot of you might have read elsewhere; grabbed the Badlander. Ended up having an issue with the XLR and headphone out. Mesa offered to repair it under warranty if I ship it out to them. So that's what I am doing. Ugh.

In the meantime; I have a pile of gear. Duh! I have a Quilter and a Mustang and I could certainly get by with the Stomp and either of those. Not sure if I want to or if I want to grab another tube amp and use it instead. As you might know; I am ridiculously picky and eternally borderline unsatisfied

:bag

Do I suck it up or do I forge "ahead" and find something else to add to the arsenal?

What' I'm about to suggest might sound crazy...

Buy another Badlander.
Sell the worse sounding of the two, when the fixed one returns.

EDIT:
Joke aside, just use what you have for a few weeks.

EDIT2:
If I'm being honest, if it was me I might feel something I call "gluttonous remorse" when buying a piece of gear I totally and definitely do not need.
Are you familiar with this feeling?

Last edited:
What' I'm about to suggest might sound crazy...

Buy another Badlander.
Sell the worse sounding of the two, when the fixed one returns.

EDIT:
Joke aside, just use what you have for a few weeks.
I might have thought about buying the 100 watt rack mount because everything must be rack mounted

Aww man. The answer (as long as it doesn’t cause any financial hardship) is always buy new gear!!

:headbang

• Love
Reactions: JT
I will probably just ride it out with this stupid Quilter for now :(

Logical. The only time I’ve bought an amp waiting for an amp was one of those Orange Crush Pro’s for $400 while waiting a month for an SLO. I could rationalize that.

Logical. The only time I’ve bought an amp waiting for an amp was one of those Orange Crush Pro’s for $400 while waiting a month for an SLO. I could rationalize that.
Son I am disappoint.

When does logic have anything to do with anything? Lmao.

Screw it, use it as a period to just try random stuff. Go into GC and snag an EVH 50 watt, try it a few days then exchange it for an Iconic, return it after a few days and try a Blues Jr, you don’t have to stay dedicated to them, it’s just like those people who go to open houses to get ideas for interior design.

Screw it, use it as a period to just try random stuff. Go into GC and snag an EVH 50 watt, try it a few days then exchange it for an Iconic, return it after a few days and try a Blues Jr, you don’t have to stay dedicated to them, it’s just like those people who go to open houses to get ideas for interior design.
I am a few hours out from that. I have a good local music store but they don't stock anything I have interest in. Plus; I like the ability to walk in and be nonchalant af and have zero care whether I come off like an aloof low baller :sofa

Ah damn….I’m sandwiched between a GC that caters to a high school (it’s literally next door and you can’t be in there at 3PM without running into tiny humans EVERYWHERE making chaos) and a high end GC that has everything but is in the kinda-ghetto. Then we’ve got Sam Ash which, for some reason, makes me want to take opiates whenever I go inside just from the dingy, run-down feel of the place. :ROFLMAO:

Iconic 1 x 12 Comb. $900. Be there in 2 to 3 days if you order now. :beer

Can run the Stomp through the Loop. Use the Amp unto itself. Check it out. Maybe even
do that nonsensical thing with the 4CM that some people think is the ultimate answer to
digital vs. analog.... until they actually try it. ;)

Back