The exact gigging product I want does not exist.

@JiveTurkey Assuming I understand what just happened. I'm curious if the Captor didn't work for you because of the bass response?

I've never owned one, but I've always avoided them because I didn't like the look of the low end impedence curve, which doesn't look at all amp-like.
There are a lot of things. It's not really even the Captor's fault.

I need that direct FOH feed. I need the poweramp coloration in the FOH feed's mix. I need the trumpets in there without an IR applied. I realize the "simple fix" is to just go back to all modeling with some funking powered monitor turd but I am tired of that. Done. The Boogie takes a dump over all of that in the tone category when applied to a band mix with other instruments using good old analog gear. I know I could blow up my signal chain and mic and amp and then bring some powered turd to use just with the GR. But that introduces a bunch of routing bs that the Stomp can't handle and the GR is too antiquated to handle.

Then there's the issue of the Boogie already having a cab clone. And the VII having volume issues between channels when ran direct I need to sort out. I will also add my studio monitors suck with the cab clone and the captor. Like they go from not enough input gain to 'OH MY GOD WE'RE CLIPPING" with no in between sweet spot.

Have I mentioned gear is irritating me right now? :mad: :rofl :hmm

how about a small mixer with midi presets to handle the FOH sends to even out Mesa channel volume issues and provide your GR a non IR path as well. I think Behringer makes a cheap one.

how about a small mixer with midi presets to handle the FOH sends to even out Mesa channel volume issues and provide your GR a non IR path as well. I think Behringer makes a cheap one.
I will never get this issue fully "solved". In touch with my Mesa rep for Pitbull Audio and doing some troubleshooting now. If the Boogie channels just act as they should (in every other amp I have used); the problem is largely a big ball of nothing. We'll see what he says.

I realize the "simple fix" is to just go back to all modeling with some funking powered monitor
Not an attempt to move the needle with you on Amp/Modeller. But If you ever considered spending the type of money on a truly pro level Powered PA speaker that you throw at amp heads, maybe you could at least remove the turd aspect.

MaH hEAdrUSh 108 iS SucH A tURd!!!11!1!!!1!!
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Not an attempt to move the needle with you on Amp/Modeller. But If you ever considered spending the type of money on a truly pro level Powered PA speaker that you throw at amp heads, maybe you could at least remove the turd aspect.

MaH hEAdrUSh 108 iS SucH A tURd!!!11!1!!!1!!
Hot Shots Idiot GIF
I've had the CLR and the EV. Those are both great. The F12s are the guitar cabinet equivalent of this and they work great. The tube amp is the problem creator.

YOU SEE, GUITARBILLY; I HAVE A GUITAR AMP CONNECTED TO FLAT SPEAKERS. I WANT TO SEND BOTH GUITAR SYNTH TONES AND THE NATIVE TONES OF SAID GUITAR AMPLIFIER TO SAID SPEAKER CABINETS AND SEND THAT EXACT SAME THING TO FOH. EASY PEASY

I think I do.

He wants the best. He has two unique signals he needs to reproduce, one needs a tweeter, one does not. Those two signals also need to be controlled, somewhat "together".

For the analog guitar signal part, tubes, for him, have been better than digital, in a band mix, but he also doesn't want to bring 85 pieces of gear, (guitar AND "FRFR" cabs), and a pro-sized pedalboard to every gig.

YOU SEE, GUITARBILLY; I HAVE A GUITAR AMP CONNECTED TO FLAT SPEAKERS. I WANT TO SEND BOTH GUITAR SYNTH TONES AND THE NATIVE TONES OF SAID GUITAR AMPLIFIER TO SAID SPEAKER CABINETS AND SEND THAT EXACT SAME THING TO FOH. EASY PEASY
Why send the guitar amp to flat speakers?

Why send the guitar amp to flat speakers?
I treat it all as one amplification source for both items. The Boogie gets post FX and IRs for speaker emulation so I can use these same speakers for the GR55 sounds. The GR55 sounds get routed through the Boogie power amp into these same speakers when the synth is engaged with speaker emulation off. A guitar synth through a pair or quad of el34s is actually :chef :bag:love

Back