Not a rant. But the Badlander is going to the shop for 6-8 weeks. What should I do "in the meantime"

Wonder what other cost saving measures are being deployed? Being realistic… only some are visible.
Idk, but damn have their amp prices really shot up lately! Maybe it's the fallout from when diesel hit crazy prices a few months ago. Iow, just inflation, overall.
But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the bean counters at Gibson have talked the engineers into using cheaper parts. But that's purely speculation on my part. Based on the price-hike, hopefully that hasn't happened. If I was looking to reduce costs over there, I'd most likely be looking at moving out of CA, even though any savings in doing so would take time to recover.

Idk, but damn have their amp prices really shot up lately! Maybe it's the fallout from when diesel hit crazy prices a few months ago. Iow, just inflation, overall.
But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the bean counters at Gibson have talked the engineers into using cheaper parts. But that's purely speculation on my part. Based on the price-hike, hopefully that hasn't happened. If I was looking to reduce costs over there, I'd most likely be looking at moving out of CA, even though any savings in doing so would take time to recover.
I think Marshall USA lead the price hike stampede. Geesh.

All of these price hikes have led me to appreciate my amps and guitars even more. Modeler technology may be moving forward but it’s generally getting much better on the cheaper end as the technology becomes commoditized. But killer amps and axes are pretty well established…I’m so glad I built my collection before this nonsense.

I think Marshall USA lead the price hike stampede. Geesh.
Yeah, that's also really crazy! But I attribute some of that to shipping from another country (but not all, when you consider how cheap you can buy some foreign-made gear, especially guitars.)
I just expect to pay more for a Marshall than a Mesa, in the US, and vice versa if you lived in the UK.

The pound is way down compared to the dollar, though. Pretty much a 1:1 ratio,
which is kind of nuts! Shouldn't that translate to more buying power for US $$ in
the UK, or from goods originating in the UK?

So probably a lot of you might have read elsewhere; grabbed the Badlander. Ended up having an issue with the XLR and headphone out. Mesa offered to repair it under warranty if I ship it out to them. So that's what I am doing. Ugh.

In the meantime; I have a pile of gear. Duh! I have a Quilter and a Mustang and I could certainly get by with the Stomp and either of those. Not sure if I want to or if I want to grab another tube amp and use it instead. As you might know; I am ridiculously picky and eternally borderline unsatisfied

:bag

Do I suck it up or do I forge "ahead" and find something else to add to the arsenal?
Go find a used Peavey JSX head.

Marshall prices are so ridicullous in North America (double!), that at one point I considered picking one up in the UK whilst visiting my parents, and then swapping out the power transformer myself when I got back to Canada. It would still have been significantly cheaper even with import duties, hassle and whatnot.

The non-transferable warranty happened awhile ago, before Gibson bought them. Nothing to do with that.

Marshall prices are moronic. Compare that to Orange, which is still reasonable.
They are doing right by me. I'm super happy about that.

I’d agree but the shipping back cost was? It may not be the industry standard but I’d like to see factory defects completely covered.
It wasn't. Complicated situation. Nearest service center is 2 hours away and tech there over the phone basically said Boogie could take a flying leap. The seller should have refunded a bit of $ in my estimation but that's a non-starter.

It wasn't. Complicated situation. Nearest service center is 2 hours away and tech there over the phone basically said Boogie could take a flying leap. The seller should have refunded a bit of $ in my estimation but that's a non-starter.
So second hand buy or new from an authorized seller? I had similar experiences with Fender authorized repair shops. Somewhere my VibroChamp 5 is languishing. Fender repair ticket, shipped… then black hole. Amp gone.

• Sad
Reactions: JT
So second hand buy or new from an authorized seller? I had similar experiences with Fender authorized repair shops. Somewhere my VibroChamp 5 is languishing. Fender repair ticket, shipped… then black hole. Amp gone.
Second hand buy. I'm the second owner. The concept of it evaporating is kind of scary, now that you mention it 😳

Back