No amps I currently have fit the bill for what I want to do.

tech’s generally hate Blackstar (lots of surface mount parts, Blackstar don’t always send schematics). Cost of repair can often be much more than it’s worth, even for blackstar, so they’ll chuck it in a landfill and replace the whole thing. Not really into that myself.

They’re also not fond on working on Mesa, the way they are built means it takes a lot of time to do anything and things aren’t always clear. They at least sound great, which puts them well ahead of blackstar.

DSL 100HR is very hard to beat, especially as that one can footswitch between all 4 modes. Not sure it’s a GREAT loop but it’ll be good enough.

Friedman Runt 50 or something from Ceriatone could be cool too. Always some bargains on Peavey if you hunt around too.

Some good info here. If you are sensitive to Mesa criticisms, skip the mesa part 😂

I'm about 6 minutes in and I have a strong desire to buy a solid state amp.

I have heard many make those things sing. Me on the other hand. Nope. To me it sounds like mud laden crap
I agree, 1,000%. I went to a shop, years ago, and tried a few Oranges, and I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Utter garbage.

Having said that, in the spring, I plugged into a Rocker 32, and it was lovely. Probably because it had limited knobs. More knobs = less toan for me.

Orange gain is an acquired taste. Not everyone develops it. I seem to prefer the less gained up
Oranges like the AD30. That's like the 2 channel Vox I always wanted that is not a Vox. :chef
I have a little Orange Crush 20 coming in on Friday.:grin
Had some Amazon gift cards so said what the hell. Thinking it might be fun for recording and adding in some cab sims.

Yup. Out of the dozens and dozens of amps over the years that one fills a niche that I miss.
Probably sold it for like $800 years ago. :facepalm

Really fun to use both channels as pedal platforms, too, and get slightly different voicings
when doing so.

Yup. Out of the dozens and dozens of amps over the years that one fills a niche that I miss.
Probably sold it for like $800 years ago. :facepalm

Really fun to use both channels as pedal platforms, too, and get slightly different voicings
when doing so.

I had a guy offer me an AD30 head for my Helix LT straight up. I turned it down.

Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 13-31-39 Marshall DSL100HR 100-Watt Guitar Head Reverb.png

Back