New Mesa Mark amp coming?

They all sound good, and they all do the Mesa Mark sound. If you heard those tones on a record being swapped around randomly, you probably wouldn’t even notice.

giphy.gif

It was a great Friday!!!!

Just went to get it this aft.....still have to hook everything up via 4CM.
I have a bunch of guitars to repair for customers so I have to get those done first.....
IMG_1208.jpeg

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg

I just sold off my 2 Bogner Cubes and my 212CB over the past couple of days and you would be surprised at what you can sell these for! I paid less for the 212CB then I sold it for and it was priced very fair! All three I bought used for a great deal. I broke even on the Cubes which is great!

I ended up getting a pair of my favourite 1x12 Cabs with V30s in them from a great little shop called Northeast Music. These are almost impossible to find in the 1x12 closed back version now as they aren't made anymore. I needed something that the rack would fit on better and be nice and easy to carry for my gigs and rehearsals and most of all sound great at all volumes. These are a bit wider and they sound deeper than the cubes did.

Badlander stays and is amazing!

I sold off a few other items recently and something that I have now and really do like is going up for sale. I just can't keep it with these two amps. I don't need it.

I went with the VII because of the features and sounds built into it as well as the Cab IR. I have a lot less to take to my gigs and rehearsals these days and it is all a bit lighter now and way easier to move around. Everything is tucked in the rack case, put the lids on and go. Multi-watt modes for both amps and lots of different sounds and tones.

Will plug in later and report back!

Last edited:
He got a lot of flack on some socials for a few things on those vids as well as the pre-complaint vid. You know what you are getting when you watch his vids. I think he would do good to do some shorter vids vs. the 2.5 hr dial ins.
The thing I like about his videos is he’s not a stunt guitarist. He’s an average player with an average skill set, so I know if he can make the amp sound good, I probably can too.

So I tried it for a bit!

all I gots to say is.....Mark VII mode.....

f59a43be6d764db632974c831b1cc5d8-1.gif

You have to try it with a different setting on that mode. Blake did a great video but I noticed he had the mid control scooped.
Nope. You run it that way for channel 3, not channel 2.

For the MK VII mode, you put the mids up around 3/4, as well as the treble a bit closer to half way. This channel responds differently.
The gain gets more aggressive and it sounds glorious.

Super happy thus far!
MK IV mode is killer as well as the clean!

I made the right choice!

Attachments

• icegif-750.gif
    icegif-750.gif
    290.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
So in my planning phase on this.

AKA Stone:FAS as Me:MarkVII :bag:rofl

I'd use it as a 3 channel Clean--->Crunch--->Mk IV

OR

2 channel

IIB for crunch/dialed back crunch--->Mk IV OR IIC+ mode

Now all I need is $3500 and I'm set.

:cry:

Soooooooooo....... @PBGas

Now that you've had it a little bit; some questions from me:

1. How much redundancy/overlap is there between the VII and the Badlander?
2. How easy is it to get a usable 3 channel combination for live gigging? Clean/crunch/lead that is balanced and doesn't feel like you are hopping into completely different worlds with each channel change?

Back