MLB 2024

Oakland Athletics here. End of an era. Rockies are my NL team. What can I say, I’m a glutton for punishment.
I get it, as a Detroit sports fan. 🤣

It is sad to see the As leave Oakland. But I'm sure the people in Philly felt the same way in 1954.

A storied baseball franchise, with unbelievable history and amazing tales.

When I was a kid I loved them ... I mean, canseco and McGuire.

Bash brothers! Such a great team - Lansford, Eckersley, Steinbach...

I just wish the move had less drama - still lots of talk if even Vegas is going to happen...and playing in Sac in transition? Oi.

Just as I poisoned the NFL thread with my sadness over the Redskins, now I shall continue the theme, by poisoning this thread with my Orioles!

Used to watch every game in the 70's through mid-80's and a lot in the 90's. Tried to get into it again around 2013 but just can't, lol. It's a personal failing! :hmm

Just as I poisoned the NFL thread with my sadness over the Redskins, now I shall continue the theme, by poisoning this thread with my Orioles!

Used to watch every game in the 70's through mid-80's and a lot in the 90's. Tried to get into it again around 2013 but just can't, lol. It's a personal failing! :hmm
We play Baltimore in a little bit... pretty sure we have to at least win the series...shit is tight.

Last edited:
Even though I don't reallllly care. You're going down, son. :hmm bahahaha
Legit, the wife and I quit watching like a month ago, because it started to bring me down.

They traded a few players away, and brought up all the young guys that played together in AAA....and they are gelling and look great. Winning...so I am still not watching, like a silly superstitious fan. I figure, if they get in ..we will watch

Kind of reminds me of the team they built leading to the WS in 84.

Something special brewing here .... I didn't want to jinx them.

Yeah, just the way teams are these days. Way too much player movement, you can't get comfy with a lineup because it's going away really soon. Makes it hard to invest.

Yeah, just the way teams are these days. Way too much player movement, you can't get comfy with a lineup because it's going away really soon. Makes it hard to invest.
I liked the moves...they are buying in on their own development....and they have a lot of good young talent in the minors .....this has been building for a few years. They just pulled the trigger early, and it has paid off....more what I was saying. But I am a fan..
.so I get it.

Big O's fan from way back too. Used to watch the games with my father in the Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray, Cal Ripken days.

Went to THE BEST game ever, in which Bal played Seattle..., Ken Griffey Jr., Cal, etc. It was May 17, 1996, and it was a hitters battle! 42 combined hits and 6 homers, 2 of which were GS's! 1 of which was Chris Hoiles walk-off GS, on a full count with 2 outs, down by 3, to win the game!

Utterly fantastic being there!

Last 20 years though, I can't do sports. I've watched my teams get so close, too many times, only to choke. It pisses me off so I just don't pay attention any more.

Last edited:
I invest emotionally in the games when they are happening, and then I drop
the baggage as soon as it is over.

Not letting sports fuck my days and nights up. No f'ing way!

Took me like 55+ years to get to that point, though. :LOL:

I do miss Earl Weaver kicking dirt on the shoes of Umpires. Legend! :headbang
Thanks to the internet, we can now hear what he was saying too! :rofl

I have this thing I'll do from time to time though, in the playoffs, if I'm paying attention to a team I really want to win a certain game, and I'll bet against them. They win, I don't care about losing 50 bucks. They loose, I don't care. I win either way. hehe

20240919_173154.jpg

Ha!!! Holy Crap! LFG!!!

This is what I'm talking about with the O's. (Guy at work follows them, is the only reason I know any of this.) They'd been doing really well, but as it comes down to the end and they're falling off.

Any of you true fans wanna read a really good book about MLB, that, among many other cool topics, lays out a damn fine argument why baseball, at this level, is the hardest sport, check out

I'm Fascinated by Sacrifice Flies: Inside the Game We All Love​

by ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian.

Back