NAD: MESA/Boogie Mark VII

If you don’t need gig-a-tap pitch shifted delays and modulated deep space reverbs with crystals, the Boss MS3 is a great channel switching basic effects unit. I had a hxfx for a while and it was real hit of miss for introducing noise. The Boss has worked well with any amp I’ve tried it with. It just won’t get any updates.

If you don’t need gig-a-tap pitch shifted delays and modulated deep space reverbs with crystals, the Boss MS3 is a great channel switching basic effects unit. I had a hxfx for a while and it was real hit of miss for introducing noise. The Boss has worked well with any amp I’ve tried it with. It just won’t get any updates.

Yes! I had the MS3 at one point and liked it a lot. Good meat & potato effects, too.

I feel I missed the boat on that one and got the mx5 instead.....oops.

Says I’m “damn crazy” then posts this ^^^ to a random stranger.

Huh? One thing doesn't preclude the other in Life. :unsure:

Millions upon millions of things co-exist simultaneously. It'd take me forever
to say all that is happening at anyone time.

Aren't you an educator?? :idk

Huh? One thing doesn't preclude the other in Life. :unsure:

Millions upon millions of things co-exist simultaneously. It'd take me forever
to say all that is happening at anyone time.

Aren't you an educator?? :idk

Surprise Wow GIF

The thing is Mark amps were never meant to be just metal amps, they were originally hot rodded Fender amps that were designed to be versatile tools that could cover everything. They were the tool for the working guitarist who never knew what they’d be called on to play and needed gear that could cover any situation.

They were adopted by many metal guitarists because they happened to sound good for that genre, just like they sound good for a hundred other genres.

Yup. Truth. The Metal Gods scooped the Mids, V'd the fuck out of the GEQ, and essentially planted
their flag on the Marks.

Daytona 500 Win GIF by NASCAR

Yup. Truth. The Metal Gods scooped the Mids, V'd the fuck out of the GEQ, and essentially planted
their flag on the Marks.

Daytona 500 Win GIF by NASCAR
To be fair, you don’t have to scoop the mids too much, but without the GEQ the amp is almost unusable with how honky the mids are. Scooping the mids on a Mark EQ doesn’t equate to a scooped guitar sound IMO. It balances a very mid-heavy amp.

Ok just discovered IIB crunch… probably the most Dyne-like crunch so far… :love :love :love

I Love You GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

To add to this ^^^:

- the similarity between IIB and the Dyne blue channel is pretty remarkable, so far, to the point where I'm wondering if the Dyne was a JMP-ized version of a IIB?

> master near non-taper is similar (ie. off to instant loud), level of preamp gain, overall low-mid emphasis are also similar

> IIB can be dialed in with much more highs if needed, though (and can have some twang to it), the Dyne is perpetually dark and thick

This is all at loud-living-room levels though, will have to see if the similarities carry through to live band levels with a 4x12. :rawk

Last edited:
I fully support someone discovering non-chugging, non-liquid lead tones in a Mark series
amp.

:banana

:beer

The stereotypes of how to use a Mark series amp are legit and valid. I just think these amps
are full of so many glorious tones that many people never attempt to discover. It's crazy
that such a versatile and amazing sounding and feeling amp can be reduced to essentially
a one or two trick pony.

And yes.... GEQ off is a very real thing. The world won't end, and the mids won't honk. :LOL:

(Not picking on chuggers and the stereotypical use of a Mark. Love that shit! Just that hose
voices have beat the drum so loudly that people end up snoozing on other ways to use a Mark,
and I prefer to sing harmony over unison :idk .)

I fully support someone discovering non-chugging, non-liquid lead tones in a Mark series
amp.

The stereotypes of how to use a Mark series amp are legit and valid. I just think these amps
are full of so many glorious tones that many people never attempt to discover. It's crazy
that such a versatile and amazing sounding and feeling amp can be reduced to essentially
a one or two trick pony.

And yes.... GEQ off is a very real thing. The world won't end, and the mids won't honk. :LOL:

(Not picking on chuggers and the stereotypical use of a Mark. Love that shit! Just that hose
voices have beat the drum so loudly that people end up snoozing on other ways to use a Mark,

preach same-sex marriage GIF

amp.

a one or two trick pony.

Been loving light gain tones on edge mode on channel 2 on the V and just completely reworked my RHY2 settings on the 4 recently so that it’s almost a clone of the clean channel but just a little bit of dirt :chef

Also as far as I’m concerned Marks have the best clean tones in the game :love

Is prefer a GEQ but price on that second one is nice

This III just popped up the other day too and it’s probably the cheapest III I’ve seen period in years

https://denver.craigslist.org/msg/d/longmont-mesa-boogie-mark-iii-purple/7791349387.html

I do have a gig in Longmont tomorrow……:rubshands

Back