MLB 2024

View attachment 28885

50 / 50. What a beast!

I hope he had the over in his parlay…

Amazing. Oh, and I can collect 10 RBIs in one game, hit 3 Home Runs, and steal 2 Bases.

Maybe the greatest game ever played---considering the level of competition of today's players
and game----during the greatest season from a player ever.

I wonder if he will ever pitch again. Maybe the Dodger's closer in a year or two, too. :idk

Amazing. Oh, and I can collect 10 RBIs in one game, hit 3 Home Runs, and steal 2 Bases.

Maybe the greatest game ever played---considering the level of competition of today's players
and game----during the greatest season from a player ever.

I wonder if he will ever pitch again. Maybe the Dodger's closer in a year or two, too. :idk
Maybe?? ;) So many things every ML ballplayer has to be good, er, GREAT at!

Shoot, Chris Davis (Orioles 1st baseman from way back) came in a game in 2012 to pitch, in late extra innings, due to the bullpen being exhausted, and opened up with an 89, then 90 mph fastballs! Ended up getting the win too.

It is amazing the overall athleticism those guys have. In that book I mentioned, the author talked about a dugout coach, who was moved to first base, and even though he also had played in the majors, even HE couldn't believe how much faster the game appeared to him, just by coming onto the field, vs. being in the dugout.

Maybe?? ;) So many things every ML ballplayer has to be good, er, GREAT at!

Shoot, Chris Davis (Orioles 1st baseman from way back) came in a game in 2012 to pitch, in late extra innings, due to the bullpen being exhausted, and opened up with an 89, then 90 mph fastballs! Ended up getting the win too.

It is amazing the overall athleticism those guys have. In that book I mentioned, the author talked about a dugout coach, who was moved to first base, and even though he also had played in the majors, even HE couldn't believe how much faster the game appeared to him, just by coming onto the field, vs. being in the dugout.
Chris Davis is the Headrush / 11-Rack of ball players :facepalm :rofl

(J/k but man, what a drop in his production)

They Did It!!!!!!!

Holy Crap, the Tigers have clinched a playoff spot, woooooo!!!!!!!!

Screenshot_20240927-210755_MLB.jpg

Way to go boys!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm following the O's now that they've had 2 consecutive seasons reaching the playoffs.

On one hand, I'm glad they're not facing the Tigers, who seemed hot, but then lost the last series to the White Sox, who now have the most losses in the modern era! Even beat the O's in that regard. But maybe they played those games differently towards the end, since I think they were guaranteed to be in the playoffs by the 2nd-to-last game of the season. Idk.

But on the other had, it still stings how KC swept the O's in the ALCS in 2014, so I really hope they redeem themselves, because if they do, I think they can take the Yankees.

It's about time the O's win a championship, dammit! Last time they did was 41 years ago!!

Ok, I'll admit it, I'm following the O's now that they've had 2 consecutive seasons reaching the playoffs.

On one hand, I'm glad they're not facing the Tigers, who seemed hot, but then lost the last series to the White Sox, who now have the most losses in the modern era! Even beat the O's in that regard. But maybe they played those games differently towards the end, since I think they were guaranteed to be in the playoffs by the 2nd-to-last game of the season. Idk.

But on the other had, it still stings how KC swept the O's in the ALCS in 2014, so I really hope they redeem themselves, because if they do, I think they can take the Yankees.

It's about time the O's win a championship, dammit! Last time they did was 41 years ago!!
Right behind you bud.....not since 1984!!!!!

0108C782-A7E1-4154-B56E-5EE2DDB0D45C.jpg

Can you imagine standing in the batter's box next to a 97 mph fastball?

I'll never forget coming out of the portal and seeing the field the first time at Camden Yards. First off, it looked so much clearer and crisper than on TV. The colors were so vibrant too. Much better than I remembered Memorial Stadium (although I was very young then.)

And the crack that ball made into the catcher's glove was FEARFUL! And that was just the warmup throws!
Television didn't do that justice either!

Headed to the wild card games tonight and tomorrow for the Pads. Have tix to the Hendrix Experience Thursday, so I'm hoping they wrap it up quick, otherwise FOMO. :LOL:

For a team that started the first half of the season looking like the same old Padres, they really turned it on this summer, and are probably the best team we've seen this millenium. Fun stat for all you baseball stats guys:

In MLB History there have been:
over 700 triple plays
over 300 no-hitters
over 300 back-to-back HRs
over 100 comeback wins from 8+ runs down

Only one team has done all 4 in one season, the 2024 San Diego Padres.

Back